Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marwan

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 19, 2010, 01:54:50 PM
yeah, but are you sure the file is ok?  some ftp programs can corrup files when uploading, thats why I need you to check, if the files is 0 bytes  then its corrup and you need to delete and upload a new one.

its the only posibility,  the error appears because Load.php cannot finde the share_headers();  function.  and that function is inside the ShareThis.php file.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the ftp was ok. You can access the file at: www.auto-works.cc/forum/sources/sharethis.php

Suki

any errors on install?

please check on your index.php  if you have the follow:

require_once($sourcedir . '/ShareThis.php');
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

marwan

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 19, 2010, 02:36:22 PM
any errors on install?

please check on your index.php  if you have the follow:

require_once($sourcedir . '/ShareThis.php');
I tried installing it twice, once manual and second I used the package manager. There were no installation errors. I removed it now. I will reinstall it later.

Suki

ok, please let me know if any issues still occur, I will check on this with my local and live forum to see if this is a bug with RC4
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

qubbah

cannot see the facebook like button at the top of post.. but the second one at the bottom its show normally.

qubbah

i mean is

The Facebook button now show at all even after enable in admin setting.

Aoife

Errors are showing up in my logs when anyone visits a topic:

8: Undefined index: share_likebutton_enable
?topic=403.0;wap

I've also been getting the same message for share_buzzbutton and share_diggbutton and on a whim enabled those two buttons last nite. The FB 'like' button is not enabled and I really didn't want to enable any of the buttons but I guess I will if it will make the error messages stop.

I'm using 2.0 RC4 and 2.5.1.

Thanks!

Suki

you need to include the language strings for your language,   please include the language strings in your /Themes/default/language/Modifications.yourlanguage.php

@greentooth

can you post a link to your site?

Aoife

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 20, 2010, 08:30:06 PM
you need to include the language strings for your language,   please include the language strings in your /Themes/default/language/Modifications.yourlanguage.php

k, I'll try that. But after I checked the boxes for Facebook, Buzz, and Twitter the error messages stopped.  I may just leave it like that.

Thanks for the reply!

:)

FlipPro

I am having a problem with your mod recording facebook likes and tweets, and diggs. The buttons work when you hit them but they don't seem to be recording after you hit them. They go back to 0. My website is . I would like your assistance with this if i could please. Thank you !

Suki

@FlipPro
  can I have a link to your site?  post it like text:  mysite.com   SMF has some rules for posting urls on new accounts.

usually, you need to be log in on facebook, digg, buzz and twitter to see the number, also, since its an external site, theres no much we can do about it, somtimes the buttons wont work because of server problems or saturation.

FlipPro

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 21, 2010, 10:09:56 PM
@FlipPro
  can I have a link to your site?  post it like text:  mysite.com   SMF has some rules for posting urls on new accounts.

usually, you need to be log in on facebook, digg, buzz and twitter to see the number, also, since its an external site, theres no much we can do about it, somtimes the buttons wont work because of server problems or saturation.
moneymakerforums.com [nofollow], I hope we can get this to work! :)

Suki

I just tried on one post and all the buttons works normally, are you sure you are logged in  on facebook, digg, buzz and twitter?  use the remind my account  option to always stay logged in.

FlipPro

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on November 22, 2010, 09:33:05 AM
I just tried on one post and all the buttons works normally, are you sure you are logged in  on facebook, digg, buzz and twitter?  use the remind my account  option to always stay logged in.
The buttons work, but they are not recording the actual diggs or tweets. SO if 30 people tweet a topic it will not show that 30 tweets have been sent out. Do yo get what I mean?

mirahalo

you haven answer, did you are logged in on those sites?  all the buttons work with cookies, can you post  a link to a topic with 30 or any number or tweets?   

FlipPro

Quote from: Mr. 0 on November 22, 2010, 01:08:46 PM
you haven answer, did you are logged in on those sites?  all the buttons work with cookies, can you post  a link to a topic with 30 or any number or tweets?
just tried to do it with moneymakerforums.com/affiliate-programs/what-is-affiliate-marketing/ [nofollow] ... Was logged into digg and everything. Dugg it. And still didn't record. This is the problem that I have been having. The topics don't pick up steam with likes, and what not because they aren't recording.

mirahalo

I tested the url you post and with the facebook and the digg buttons it works just fine for me.

unfortunately,  we just provide a way to show those buttons, we cannot guarantee the functionality of those buttons because it depends on external services, we can only guarantee the modifications we made.

Wellington

I use SA Facebook Connect so people can invite their friends to my site via Facebook, I also wish to use the like system so have tried to install your mod on RC4m, however I get an error on install, are they conflicting?, is there anything I can do to fix this?.

Many thanks!

eXtreme

@greentooth - If you're using 1.1.x, check if you 've followed this instruction

"1.1.x users, make sure you modified your index.template.php if you're using a custom theme "

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2111

Wellington

I should add that I am not using a theme and also have simple portal installed.

Advertisement: