News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Want to upgrade to 2.0 RC1

Started by gav240z, September 08, 2009, 09:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gav240z

Hi Everyone,
I'm running SMF 1.1.10 and want to upgrade to 2.0 RC1.

What I need to know and have been trying to find is this:

1. How do I upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0? I downloaded the full package but it wanted me to run through the installer. I installed a fresh copy and thought I'd replace the database but I couldn't find an upgrade.php file or similar to update my 1.0 database to work with 2.0?

2. I know 2.0 RC1 is not recommended for production sites, but i'm between a rock and a hard place right now. My server admin is saying the site is taking too many resouces and SMF 1.0 only have limited caching options that my server doesn't support. It is my understanding that SMF 2.0 has disk caching, what kind of performance improvement can I expect from having this enabled?

My site generates about 200,000 pageviews p/month. (not all from SMF though a large portion are).

3. I bridge SMF with Coppermine, is there any problems using SMF 2.0 RC1 with Coppermine?

Is there anything else I should know before attempting to update?

I also use the attachements_mod for SMF 1.1.10 is there a working SMF 2.0 version?

Many thanks in advance, I did search the forum but was still unclear on a few things so figured I'd ask.

babjusi

Quote from: gav240z on September 08, 2009, 09:25:17 AM
Hi Everyone,
I'm running SMF 1.1.10 and want to upgrade to 2.0 RC1.

What I need to know and have been trying to find is this:

1. How do I upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0? I downloaded the full package but it wanted me to run through the installer. I installed a fresh copy and thought I'd replace the database but I couldn't find an upgrade.php file or similar to update my 1.0 database to work with 2.0?

2. I know 2.0 RC1 is not recommended for production sites, but i'm between a rock and a hard place right now. My server admin is saying the site is taking too many resouces and SMF 1.0 only have limited caching options that my server doesn't support. It is my understanding that SMF 2.0 has disk caching, what kind of performance improvement can I expect from having this enabled?

My site generates about 200,000 pageviews p/month. (not all from SMF though a large portion are).

3. I bridge SMF with Coppermine, is there any problems using SMF 2.0 RC1 with Coppermine?

Is there anything else I should know before attempting to update?

I also use the attachements_mod for SMF 1.1.10 is there a working SMF 2.0 version?

Many thanks in advance, I did search the forum but was still unclear on a few things so figured I'd ask.

1. You must use the large upgrade package instead. For more info on the upgrade, have a look here.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=3.0;sort=subject

2. I can'''t really say as I don''t use 2.0 rc1.2 on a live site yet.

3. Again I can''t really say as I don''t use Coppermine Gallery at all.

4. What attachment mod do you mean?

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: