News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Permission question

Started by plusev, September 11, 2009, 03:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plusev

In perms such as this for example -

Post attachments, but hide until approved   
Post attachments, without requiring approval

Suppose I want to allow attachments without approval, do I allow "Post attachments, without requiring approval" and disallow "Post attachments, but hide until approved" or allow both?

Thx

tyty1234

If you want attachments to show right after they are posted, allow "Post attachments, without requiring approval".
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

plusev

Yes I know that. My question is suppose I want to allow - what do I set in the "but hide" box??

A X D
  Post replies to topics, but hide until approved
                                                                    Own topic:   
                                                                    Any topic:   
  Post replies to topics, without requiring approval

You'd think that if I clicked "Post new topics, without requiring approval" "Post new topics, but hide until approved" would be greyed out but it's not. So what should it be set to A or X?

tyty1234

Hm....I'm not seeing these options in the Permissions area. Can you tell me or maybe post a screenshot as to where you are editing these options?

plusev

tyty1234

That seems odd, I don't see this in 2.0 RC1.2, are you using a old version of the SMF 2.0 version?

plusev

Arantor

This is 2.0 with post moderation and deny permissions enabled.

A for 'without approval' and I'm pretty sure the other two should be X, though it will be dependent on whether the board in question is set up to require approval. I don't think it would be a problem to set them all to A though.

Advertisement: