News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

KeyWords Generator (AutoKeywords)

Started by grafitus, September 23, 2009, 04:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Stigmartyr

For those of us using SMF2 is there some default keywords we can assign somewhere without impacting the effectiveness of this mod in Boards and Topics, then?

p.s. thanks for the mod!

anakmacan

Even when the benefit is only 0,00001%, it's still a benefit. Im using this mod and i dont see it's harmful for using it, there's still a chance OTHER search engine use meta tag for seo. Great mod SAFAD, i appreciate your work!

Arantor

No, the benefit is ZERO. No major search engine takes it into account for boosting ranking.

And if the major search engines find any words they deem unrelated, they WILL penalise you.

naresh

Can you suggest the beautyful keywords for hxxp:onlinecouponstores.com/ [nonactive] this site.

Thank you.

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Arantor on February 01, 2010, 02:33:38 AM
No, the benefit is ZERO. No major search engine takes it into account for boosting ranking.

And if the major search engines find any words they deem unrelated, they WILL penalise you.

I'd like to learn a little more about SEO..

What's the best benefit then to having keywords related to post topics?

Arantor

If it's related, you won't get penalised, but you'll probably see no benefit, except from niche search engines. Google, Yahoo, MSN do not use meta data in any significant way.

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Arantor on February 05, 2010, 05:24:04 PM
If it's related, you won't get penalised, but you'll probably see no benefit, except from niche search engines. Google, Yahoo, MSN do not use meta data in any significant way.

Hrmm well at least I wont get penalized :P  What are some other tips and tricks to SEO for SMF?

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Please update it for SMF 2.0RC3  ;)

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

GohighVoltage

Am'

اذا أحس أحد انه لم يخطأ ابدا في حياته, فهذا يعني أنه لم يجرب أي جديد في حياته
My Mods For SMF 2 RC3 : XQuote XCode - Vbulletin Style New Meta Tags

GohighVoltage

SAFAD

Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Am'

Quote from: GohighVoltage on March 20, 2010, 10:16:21 AM
This is not for RC3

read my message, it's work perfectly with rc3

safad : wahed salamo alaykome and thx for the update
اذا أحس أحد انه لم يخطأ ابدا في حياته, فهذا يعني أنه لم يجرب أي جديد في حياته
My Mods For SMF 2 RC3 : XQuote XCode - Vbulletin Style New Meta Tags

interzis

hello,

I'm getting install errors. Is it possible to have some conflicts with Pretty-URL?? On SMF 2.0 RC3...

Regards

GohighVoltage

Oh Ok,  I am glad it works with RC3!!

GohighVoltage

Ok, I get an error on install,   But when I look in the index.template.php  file,  this is the section where the mod would be installed,  but when I replace what I am suppose to the board fails.   What would I replace here?

// Show right to left and the character set for ease of translating.
   echo '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"';, $context['right_to_left'] ? ' dir="rtl"' : '', '>
<head>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
   <meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '
   <meta name="keywords" content="' . $context['meta_keywords'] . '" />' : '', '
   <title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>';

// Please don't index these Mr Robot.
   if (!empty($context['robot_no_index']))
      echo '
   <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />';

// Present a canonical url for search engines to prevent duplicate content in their indices.
   if (!empty($context['canonical_url']))
      echo '
   <link rel="canonical" href="', $context['canonical_url'], '" />';

// The ?rc3 part of this link is just here to make sure browsers don't cache it wrongly.
   echo '
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context

Elven6

After installing the plugin (originally it would say i can't install properly but I proceeded anyone and it seemed to have worked) the plugin added a   <meta name="robots" content="noindex" /> to all of my posts! No keywords were added, would the noindex be defeating the point as bots would simply skip it?

Advertisement: