News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

is this possible in smf v2 ?

Started by auto:blank, September 25, 2009, 11:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auto:blank

I an completely new to smf and started to use it just now. I need some info & help about smf.
Most of the Forum software will run slow when the amount of plugins/mod is increased does this happen in SMF ?
And i am using SMF RC2 (latest) , i want to enable quick reply & wysiwyg editor to all existing members as well as new member how to do that ?
Also please recommend usefull and must have plugins for smf.
just backing up database is sufficient to backup whole forum ?
Thanks u

Norv

Quote from: blinked on September 25, 2009, 11:55:15 AM
I an completely new to smf and started to use it just now. I need some info & help about smf.
Most of the Forum software will run slow when the amount of plugins/mod is increased does this happen in SMF ?
That may depend on mods. Some are modifications of SMF core that don't add load, other might. You probably should check for yourself anyway, to see what your particular server and installation might stand.

And i am using SMF RC2 (latest) , i want to enable quick reply & wysiwyg editor to all existing members as well as new member how to do that ?
Please find the settings at Profile > Look and Layout. That applies only for you though, to edit the theme options for all users please check out Admin > Themes and Layout  > Member options.

Also please recommend usefull and must have plugins for smf.
There is no such thing, if there were mods that every forum "must have", then they are included in the default package. Please check out the mod site (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods) to browse and find what mods you want, for your particular forum.

just backing up database is sufficient to backup whole forum ?
Thanks u
Not really, the database does not contain the forum files, which is to say your particular modifications, and themes.
Please check out:
How do I backup my SMF forum?
How do I backup my database?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Norv

On another note, you might find a topic like this interesting if you're wondering what mods other forums use:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=338550.msg2275505#msg2275505
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

auto:blank

thanks for help, i have some questions again, i want to make some board assessable by member only. I made it access able to members only but  it is completely invisible to guest i want topic to be visible but when guest click that topic message come requesting him to signup.
& is there any means to limit the right of mods , so that when a mod delete the thread it can be backup by admin ?
I am really noob on smf so i need some info on this.

Norv

Quote from: blinked on September 26, 2009, 11:39:24 AM
i want to make some board assessable by member only. I made it access able to members only but  it is completely invisible to guest i want topic to be visible but when guest click that topic message come requesting him to signup.
You can do something like this with a few modifications. I seem to remember it was requested a few days back, too, probably in the [[SMF Coding Discussion]] board.

Quote from: blinked on September 26, 2009, 11:39:24 AM
is there any means to limit the right of mods , so that when a mod delete the thread it can be backup by admin ?
You could use the "recycle board" feature in SMF 2.0. Please check out Boards > Settings: you can set a board to be a "recycled topics board", so that when topics/posts are deleted, they actually are moved into this board, and can be reviewed.

Advertisement: