Installing Modification Help

Started by silentflesh, August 02, 2009, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentflesh

I upload the .zip file for the modification, it saids it was successful. I try to add modification but it saids that one of my file in the package directory isn't writable, which file do you think isnt' writable?

Hassan_the best

You need to chmod your files(FORUM FILES) to 777 to make it writable

silentflesh

greyknight17

Welcome to SMF.

Try not to do CHMOD all your files to 777 as it's usually not necessary. Try the following:

- Create a folder called temp in your Packages directory and CHMOD it to 777. Then try installing the mod again.
- If that works, download this mod. Read the instructions on how to use it.

Trevor Hale

Hey all,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, however I have searched and this is the only thing that best describes my issue.

I cannot remove or install packages on this new server for some reason.  Packages, and temp directory are both 777.  Ftp information is correct, yet I am still having difficulty with SMF reporting that the package Directory or a file in is is not writable.

These are the mods I installed on the other server before I moved everything, and to this date all has been going well, until My Twitter mod (issue reported in another thread) stopped working.  I tried to uninstall it and re-install it, and have had nothing but problems since. 

Packages upload, but have severe difficulty applying or uninstalling the mods.

SMF 2 Rc1.2

With these Mods..

1.     eBay_BBCode      1.0       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    PortaMx v0.961-1    0.961-1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Downloads System    1.2.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Floating Bar Mod    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    PM Attachments    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.9.100    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Default_Membergroup    1.0.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Twitter mod    1.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Ban List    2.0    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    PortaMx v0.961    0.961    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Best regards,

Trev

Trevor Hale

Guys, you wouldn't believe it.. 

My problem was a Browser Error.  (Firefox and Google Chrome was the issue) Internet explorer works perfectly.

Sorry for the post above.

Best regards,

Trev

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Will mark this solved.

silentflesh, if you still need help with this - feel free to post back anyhow. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: