News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Started by Akyhne, October 18, 2009, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punchy

A member just tried to register on my site and says the pictures are not working correctly this is what they see...

Its been working fine, all my avatars are in the coorect folders and still viewable

Any ideas??

Akyhne

Maybe a server timeout, maybe corrupted images?

liuxyon

install after show wrong in SMF 2.0.2:

$txt['verification_avatar_means'] = 'Avatar Verification at Registration'; $txt['verification_avatar_means_desc'] = 'This mod enhances the sequrity of your forum by adding yet a verification at registration. The first thing people will see, is one unique image and below that 10 images where one of them is the same as the unique one. The registrant must click on the right image up to 3 times (loop) depending on your settings. If the registrant fails 3 times, he/she is banned from the forum if you have enabled "Ban the user on to many failed registrations". You also have the possability to have a mail send to the admin, every time a user is banned through this mod.'; $txt['verification_avatar_register'] = 'Enable verification images at the registration page'; $txt['verification_image_loop'] = 'Loop the verification image'; $txt['verification_image_loop_desc'] = '(How many times does the registrant have to verify an image)'; $txt['verification_image_loop_0'] = '0 - don\'t loop. Only show the images one time'; $txt['verification_image_loop_1'] = '1 - loop one time. The registrant has to verify two images'; $txt['verification_image_loop_2'] = '2 - loop two times. The registrant has to verify three images'; $txt['verification_avatar_folders'] = 'Folders from which to use avatars as verification'; $txt['verification_avatar_folders_desc'] = '(As standard we use the avatars from the standard SMF avatarfolders. If you want to provide further folders, provide them here as a commaseparated list)'; $txt['verification_avatar_ban_registrant'] = 'Ban the user on to many failed registrations'; $txt['verification_avatar_ban_registrant_desc'] = '(If you want to ban the registrant when trying to many times, enable this option)'; $txt['verification_avatar_first_ban'] = 'How many hours the user should be banned first time'; $txt['verification_avatar_first_ban_desc'] = '(If the registrant fails the avatar verification test, you can decide for how many hours the person is banned)'; $txt['verification_avatar_second_ban'] = 'How many hours the user should be banned the following times'; $txt['verification_avatar_second_ban_desc'] = '(If the registrant keeps failing the avatar verification test, you can decide for how many hours the person is banned)'; $txt['verification_avatar_send_admin_mail'] = 'Send mail to admin on hacking attempt'; $txt['verification_avatar_send_admin_mail_desc'] = '(Select wether you want a mail send to the admin mail account on banned IP\'s)'; $txt['verification_avatar_send_admin_mail_1'] = 'Disabled'; $txt['verification_avatar_send_admin_mail_2'] = 'Only send mail on repeated bannings'; $txt['verification_avatar_send_admin_mail_3'] = 'Send mail on all banned occations';

Shambles

Quote from: liuxyon on October 05, 2012, 09:30:08 AM
install after show wrong in SMF 2.0.2:

Do you mean those codes are showing at the top of your forum following installation of this mod?

liuxyon

yes.  install Complete after show wrong in forum top and I can't find show your mod any  option.

Shambles

Have a look at the file Login.english.php in folder default/languages

See if there's a pair of characters like ?> that are not right at the end of the file. If you find that pair of characters somewhere else (possibly right before the line that says $txt['visual_verification_avatar_headline'] or $txt['verification_avatar_means']), remove it and put it at the end of the file, on a line of its own.

AliG

Hi,
it didn't work for me too ... then I found out that "registration agreement" has to be allowed,
I had it disabled.

If you could move the procedure into some other section, it would be great (I don't plan to use that agreement)

Akyhne

@AliG It will be fixed in the next release.

Akyhne

1.5 - 17th November 2012
+ Added SMF 2.1 (Alfa) support
! Fixed mod not working with SEF support (Tested with SimpleSEF & PortaMx SEF).
! Fixed the verification not showing up, when the registration agreement is not in use.

inter

Sorry for my English

butchs

Quote from: punchy on September 03, 2012, 07:13:04 PM
A member just tried to register on my site and says the pictures are not working correctly this is what they see...

Its been working fine, all my avatars are in the coorect folders and still viewable

Any ideas??

After installing 1.5 I had the same problem.  It seemed to go away when I made the following changes:

file name="$sourcedir/Register.php"
replace
$_SESSION['RightAvatar'][] = array(urlencode(base64_encode($listOfAvatars[$rand_keys[$i]])), $MD)
with
$_SESSION['RightAvatar'][] = array(base64_encode($listOfAvatars[$rand_keys[$i]]), $MD)

replace
$_SESSION['RightAvatar'][] = array(urlencode(base64_encode($i)), $MD)
with
$_SESSION['RightAvatar'][] = array(base64_encode($i), $MD)

:o
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

GravuTrad

Hi ahkyne.

Here is the french for your excellent mod:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=498282.0

Regards.

ps: few errors in the english (missing letters or a instead of e etc...)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Akyhne

Thx m8. I'll try remember adding this first time.

winter4w

This mod does not work it does not show the question image

GravuTrad

It works very well on default theme. What's yours.

winter4w

Quote from: GravuTrad on April 22, 2013, 07:47:52 PM
It works very well on default theme. What's yours.

Mine is the minecraft theam you can look at www.animalcarft.cu.cc [nofollow] If you know what is wrong can you please help ?????

GravuTrad

i can't see your domain. Which version?

winter4w

Quote from: GravuTrad on April 23, 2013, 01:03:23 PM
i can't see your domain. Which version?

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.2
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.4

I will also PM u the link

GravuTrad

Update your forum to the 2.0.4 version, and apply the changes concerned by the manual instructions (parsed on the mod page) for the mod about your version.

QuoteA Manual edit will be required for ALL themes (other than SMF Default Core Theme) which have a custom Register.template.php
If you don't perform the manual edit, nobody will be able to register using those themes.

winter4w

Quote from: GravuTrad on April 23, 2013, 05:08:43 PM
Update your forum to the 2.0.4 version, and apply the changes concerned by the manual instructions (parsed on the mod page) for the mod about your version.

QuoteA Manual edit will be required for ALL themes (other than SMF Default Core Theme) which have a custom Register.template.php
If you don't perform the manual edit, nobody will be able to register using those themes.

How can I find the Register.template.php there is none in my theme file ???? and what edit is needed????

Advertisement: