Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to the mod

Show Unread Private Messages

Original Author: Arantor
SMF Version: 2.0.x
Mod Version: 1.2

Description:
This mod alters the display of private messages to flag up which user(s) have not read their messages yet, by displaying the name in bold.

Once the user has read the message it will not be bold in the sending user's "sent messages" or "outbox" display.

ChangeLog:
1.2 - December 17, 2012
Updated For 2.0.3
Removed Support for 1.1.X

1.1 - October 22, 2009
Update for RC2 compatibility only

1.0 - October 18, 2009
Initial release

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Spoogs

nice mod, pretty much a read receipt

Arantor

That's exactly what it is. But it's useful, especially if you happen to send something out to a lot of people with my PM to Membergroups mod...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Using those to mods together is very useful, I may grab this one
Thanks,
John

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Arantor

Heh, I very nearly bundled it into PM to Membergroups but figured that there was actually no need to do that; the two play nicely.

Paracelsus

Very very nice feature and by looking at the code very simple too. Tkx.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on October 19, 2009, 10:47:00 AM
Heh, I very nearly bundled it into PM to Membergroups but figured that there was actually no need to do that; the two play nicely.

Plus you would have created one less mod then :P

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Arantor

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on October 19, 2009, 04:38:10 PM
Plus you would have created one less mod then :P

It's not as if I'm going for the top entry on the mod site stats; I'm not. It just so happens that I enjoy modding :)

Arantor

aw06

Is there a mod that will do the opposite and bold new unread messages in my inbox ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

No, but that would be a small enough change to PersonalMessage.template.php. Please post in Coding Discussion if you would like support on that; it's outside the scope of this topic to do so.

Daggers

A great mod :D  Would there be a way to change the colour on the name while it is unread?

Arantor

Not without rewriting its code.

I'd need more information (like the colour you want)

Daggers

Probably red, it would then clearly show that the message has not been read. I sometimes find that the bold doesnt show up very well

Arantor

It also depends a lot on the theme in your forum as to how well bold shows up.

Daggers

I always use the default SMF theme and alter the CSS, it makes it easier for mods ;)

Arantor

* Arantor is actually a naughty child, doesn't use CSS for the change.

Actually if you look at the edit it makes, it just wraps it in <b> tags, so you'd be able to change that to a <span class="unread_pm"> and pick that up in the CSS with no trouble.

Daggers

lol, I didnt even look at the mod code.. all changed now and working :D

ʟink

Hm...this is a cool mod, but I can see some users not wanting this; they may not want the other party to know whether or not they've read the message. Perhaps in a future release you could give users the option to opt-out and it would just say they've disabled the feature in their account. Thanks for creating it! :)
Obedire est vivere, Vivere est obedire

Cal O'Shaw

Or be able to set permission by group.  As an Admin, if I have written to someone about something they have done, I'd like to know if they have read it.  If they say 'no' but I can see 'yes', that's useful info to me.

Advertisement: