How and where can i make a forum?????

Started by hachouchi, November 02, 2009, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hachouchi

i searched the site but didn't understand. i made a forum on forumotion it was easy but how can i make one here?????

Marcus Forsberg

Arantor

We do not host forums here, we simply manage and develop the software by which you can create and run a forum.

hachouchi

I have a forum with phpb3 or something how can i use you're mods on my forum???

Arantor

You can't without completely rewriting them. SMF mods only work on the SMF software, just as phpBB mods only work on phpBB (you might want to check out phpBB.com for more mods for that, though be prepared to spend a long time installing them, assuming your host lets you)

Marcus Forsberg

Our mods cannot be run on a phpBB forum. Or do you want to convert to our software? See Converting to SMF.

NukeGaming

Quote from: Arantor on November 02, 2009, 11:27:53 AM
You can't without completely rewriting them. SMF mods only work on the SMF software, just as phpBB mods only work on phpBB (you might want to check out phpBB.com for more mods for that, though be prepared to spend a long time installing them, assuming your host lets you)

Yes that is correct cause if u want use smf in your forum  you need go download page version smf u want then u can see smf mods if u have got smf package instaled to your forum if is 1.1.10 or 2.0 RC 1.2.
for the phpbb i not sure what kind of mods there is but u can try go see then at oficial website of phpbb maybe u can find what u looking  to your forum.

Arantor

The best part of phpBB mods is that you have to install them yourself, and one of the fields when submitting it is the period of time it will take the user to install it...

Advertisement: