Minor Display issue..

Started by Thomllama1, November 09, 2009, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomllama1

noticed with the latest update that when viewing my forum some of the signatures run off the side of the page...
If you like MT Biking, come visit CTNEMBA.com  :) May your last ride not be "Your LAST Ride"

N3RVE

This shouldn't be the case with the latest release (public)?

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Thomllama1

it's the latest greatest release   8)

only does that in Safari (also latest update as of like 10 mins ago) unless there is a linked image which s bigger that the page's witdh. Instead of putting side to side scroll bar/button/ what ever you'd like to call them it runs the image off the side of the page, this happens in both Safari and Firefox..

if you look at the image below you'll see the smilies and the image go way beyond the right border of the page...

It does show up more on my laptop because of the smaller screen/page borders ...
If you like MT Biking, come visit CTNEMBA.com  :) May your last ride not be "Your LAST Ride"

tattooedpierre

I get the same issues as this.. but I think this may be Safari (ie: Webkit) specific? Any fix for this would be great!

Thomllama1

Quote from: tattooedpierre on November 15, 2009, 02:12:23 PM
I get the same issues as this.. but I think this may be Safari (ie: Webkit) specific? Any fix for this would be great!

well that last screen shot is off Firefox sooo... again Firefox only does it when an over sized image is posted/linked. Safari does it all the time

Kill Em All

The latest version is not a version.

If this is solved feel free to mark it as solved otherwise reply with some details of what isn't working.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Thomllama1

well the first post shows what is happening.. can't get more detailed that the image of the text running outside the border.

I have by passed it on my site by changing code which is listed on another thread, works about 90% of the time now...  but some people using Chrome say they are still getting issues at times... so still not resolved completely

Kill Em All

Tell them to try and do a hard refresh, Crtl+F5. Clearing their cache and cookies might also help to.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: