News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

force_rich

Started by live627, July 01, 2010, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

./Sources/Subs-Editor.php, line 1485, 2.0 RC3

'rich_active' => empty($modSettings['disable_wysiwyg']) && (!empty($options['wysiwyg_default']) || !empty($editorOptions['force_rich']) || !empty($_REQUEST[$editorOptions['id'] . '_mode']))

Returns true if wysiwyg is enabled for the member and force_rich is false. Shouldn't it return false?

Joshua Dickerson

That same code is there. What are you expecting it to do? I don't know what force_rich dos.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

live627

Cleaning up the board, then?

force_rich forces the editor mode; true for WYSIWYG and false for plain text.

I have a bad habit of posting terse things that can leave people scratching their heads, so if this doesn't make sense (or dollars :P)  , say so.

At the time I reported the above, I was developing a rather large mod that needed to ensure the editor was in plain text mode. I assumed specifying force_rich and giving it the value of false would work. No joy. (I got it to work in the end, forgot what I did... hey, it's been over a year!) It goes in the $editorOptions array.

Oh, I think I might remember... something like forcing plain mode after control creation. I'll have to dig up my code to be sure.

Thantos

Well it is called force_rich not force_plain so force_rich being false doesn't indicate that the whole should be false.  I'm also not seeing where the heck it is set at.  Must be for custom usages.

Advertisement: