News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Subaccounts

Started by SlammedDime, November 12, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Link to Mod

SubAccounts v1.0.0 Readme
Welcome to the SubAccounts Mod.  In a nutshell, this mod will allow you and your users to create, delete, merge, or split subaccounts on your forum.

Help support my mods...

Features of this mod:

• Create, Delete, Merge, Split subaccounts from a parent account
  • Turn existing accounts into subaccounts
  • Set an subaccount to the parent account
  • Show subaccounts on user's profiles
  • New search mode: search all subaccounts of the user
  • Login as parent account only
  • Dual post counts on parent profile (Parent only, and Parent + SubAccounts)
  • SubAccounts displayed on memberlist if admin chooses
  • Post and edit as parent or any subaccount
  • Admin limits subaccounts on sitewide basis
  • Admin sets permissions on creation, deletion, merging and splitting
  • Because each subaccount is really just another member on the board, they have their own post groups, and user groups if desired
  • Admin can make unlimited subaccounts

Post Install:
Once the mod is installed, you will be redirected to the 'Core Features' page of your admin panel where you can enable the mod.  Once enabled, you will see 'Manage SubAccounts' under the 'Members' menu in the Admin panel where you can configure the options for the mod.  After you have the options configured, you can visit your profile and start creating or linking together accounts.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Arantor

Congratulations on what I can clearly see took many hours to write :)

ormuz

Congrats, gigantic mod!

Spoogs

great job and thanks... i was honestly going to request such a mod. I have a clan site and many users have multiple game accounts but we only allow each user to have 1 forum account but many dont want to ask questions from their high level accounts in the low level section... based on the description i'm sure this will do the trick.

jibo

Thank you i needed this very bad!

chrishicks

Mods like this really make me want to do the 2.0 upgrade even though it will be a complete nightmare. Maybe one day...

zushiba

Oooh a replacement for the alias mod that only works on beta 3? <3

Eliana Tamerin

It is finished! Finally!

Congrats, congrats to you, SlammedDime! This took a huge amount of time and effort, and I applaud you for it.

Now, while we're at it, shouldn't you brag that it's among the only true subaccounts mods for forum systems? I mean, I don't think even phpBB or vB have subaccounts, just account switchers like the old Personas mod is. :P
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

zushiba

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on November 12, 2009, 02:49:06 PM
It is finished! Finally!

Congrats, congrats to you, SlammedDime! This took a huge amount of time and effort, and I applaud you for it.

Now, while we're at it, shouldn't you brag that it's among the only true subaccounts mods for forum systems? I mean, I don't think even phpBB or vB have subaccounts, just account switchers like the old Personas mod is. :P
They don't. There was a dirty one for phpbb2 something back in the day but it was only ever updated once. This is outstanding. Absolutely perfect for my girlfriends roleplaying board.

erlend_sh

WOW. Took it for a quick ride and so far so friggin' good! Your mods are of pristine quality and as a token of my appreciation I have sent $20 your way. I will not be able to use this mod on my forum just yet, but I am already making major plans for it!

SlammedDime

Thank you erlend_sh, much appreciated.

Eliana - Yes, this is the only true subaccounts mod that I am aware of :D

All, please feel free to report any bugs you may find... While Eliana did a great job of helping track them down, I'm sure there are more to be found.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

ishy

This mod works BEAUTIFULLY!  And the drop-down to switch is so efficient!  I remember the old phpbb mod, and I always wanted one for SMF, and this is so much nicer!

Thank you!

Minare

Great mod, congrats SD, I will use it after somebody translates it into Turkish :D

ishy

Question: how do you edit the profiles of the subaccounts if you are just an ordinary user (and not an admin/have ability to edit profiles)?

SlammedDime

Switch to the subaccount then you edit it as that user.

Each subaccount *is* another member on your board, so by switching, you are essentially logging out of one account, and logging into another, so you edit the profile the same way.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

ishy

Switch how, though? By logging in?  It is saying the accounts are not found. One member switches by making the account the parent account, is that what you mean?

Eliana Tamerin

Use the account switcher.

Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

makaluch

Test installation flagged these errors:

in ./Sources/Profile-Modify.php (0777) Execute modification failed > replace failed, add before successful

Files are configured (via SMF admin panel) to replace files with trailing tildas like 'filename.php~'

Any advice or info?

ishy

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on November 12, 2009, 09:41:23 PM
Use the account switcher.

Ah, didn't realize I needed to code that into the custom template. Thanks!

HughJackman

Quote from: chrishicks on November 12, 2009, 02:24:11 PM
Mods like this really make me want to do the 2.0 upgrade even though it will be a complete nightmare. Maybe one day...

I think I will switch to 2.0 just because of your MOD, SlammedDime.
For my RPG forum it`s like a dream come true.
A big "thank you!"

Advertisement: