News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Subaccounts

Started by SlammedDime, November 12, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altair

Hello SlammedDime,

I understand that you are working hard on other projects right now, but I was just letting you know I'll still need help with my theme. If you get the time to contact me and look into it, that would be great.

Altair.

SlammedDime

Caltan, when upgrading to RC3, the mod will have to be uninstalled by the overwrite, but all data will remain intact in the database.  Just install the new version I'll release and you should be good to go.

The few bugs mentioned will also be fixed... this is my last important mod to update for RC3, but I want to make sure I have the bugs fixed, so it'll be a day or two at least.

Altair - if you can zip/tar up your custom theme directory and email it to me at slammeddime [at] simplemachines [dot] org, I'll take a look at it and see if I can spin it out for you.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Altair

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 10, 2010, 07:28:45 PM
Altair - if you can zip/tar up your custom theme directory and email it to me at slammeddime [at] simplemachines [dot] org, I'll take a look at it and see if I can spin it out for you.

Sent your way. Should be from Animalthewolf [at] gmail [dot] com.

Jared Thaler

looking forward to see the RC3 release.  I upgraded to RC3 before I realized that the mod wasn't ready for RC3 yet :(

aussieherps

Hi guys I am running on RC2 and when I installed all went ok but when I try to create I get this:

The following error(s) occured:
Please enter a valid email address, natasha..
Manage SubAccounts Please enter the name you wish to use as the subaccount. If you want to turn an existing account into a subaccount, please enter that account's password. You can click the small 'warning' icon next to the text field to validate the name if you are creating a new subaccount.

Choose Account:
Used to identify you on the forum.

Password:
If the subaccount is already a user or shared subaccount, supply that account's password.

Verify password:   

Am I reading correctly or am I supposed to use my username and password or join as new member and the link it to my account or what. I am a bit of a dope sometimes but just don't understand as there is no Email question there.

Any help is appreciated.
http://aussieherps.com">snakes lizards spiders turtles and much more

Caltan

Enter the name of the account you wish to create and your current password.  Not sure why you're turning up the email error, though.

aussieherps

Still coming up with the same error message.

Have admin as default setting od 0 which should allow unlimited number od sub profiles/accounts.

SlammedDime

Hrm... all I can think of is that your current profile doesn't have an email address in it, or a valid one at that.  The subaccount, when created, will have the email address of the parent account.  If the parent account doesn't have a valid one, then that error may be thrown.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

~DS~

SlammedDime, are you going to update for RC3 along with the conflit fix on AeMe?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

aussieherps

Yes my admin account has valid email address as I receive newsletters when they are sent etc.
New members accounts also send a message to that account.

cosoa

I really really hope this gets updated for RC3! It's perfect for what I need and there doesn't seem to be another like it anywhere :)

Jared Thaler

has anyone tested the existing Mod with RC3? at least as an interim measure?

Caltan

Yes, I've tested it.  Other than some errors in Display.template.php, it will install through the package manager under RC2 emulation, but it none of the functionality is retained.  Maybe if you went through and installed it manually with RC3 parsing it would be okay, but the mod is so huge that spending the time wasn't an option for me.

MrDroopy

Hi SlammedDime, I really hope you find the time to upgrade this wonderfull mod to RC3. We use it quite a lot on our forum.

FireDitto

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 10, 2010, 07:28:45 PM
The few bugs mentioned will also be fixed... this is my last important mod to update for RC3, but I want to make sure I have the bugs fixed, so it'll be a day or two at least.

It's on it's way, from what I can gather.

I shall join the waiting queue, though I do have a question: Will this work with the Multiple Forum modification? I've not had any issues with additional mods yet, but I ask anyway =)
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

MrDroopy

Hi SlammedDime, do you already have an ETA on the RC3 release?

FireDitto

Not meaning to be impatient, but I am anxious for the RC3 version of this Mod =)
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

WhiteFire Sondergaard

Rather curious myself since I have problems with RC2 on my setup.

Aiko

Has anyone tried this on RC3?
Using SMF RC4

WhiteFire Sondergaard

Yeah, there were only a few install problems, but despite my efforts to fix them, I could not make it work. I think it may be related to a schema change.

Advertisement: