News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[HELP] account topics of day.

Started by gvalfer, November 14, 2009, 06:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvalfer

only block for guest

all user can see :)

Arantor

OK, and what about timezones?

Is it always using your timezone (and if so, what is your user id so I can write code to query it)?

gvalfer

Arantor

And does that have daylight savings time rules?

Seriously, it would be easier if you could just answer the questions I ask, because it's a lot quicker for me to make it work that way. There's nowhere in the database you can look up the Lisbon timezone, but you can look it up quickly for your timezone settings if I know your user id, which is probably 1.

gvalfer

Arantor

gvalfer

QuoteAnd does that have daylight savings time rules?

Seriously, it would be easier if you could just answer the questions I ask, because it's a lot quicker for me to make it work that way. There's nowhere in the database you can look up the Lisbon timezone, but you can look it up quickly for your timezone settings if I know your user id, which is probably 1.

uhm yes i have in my settings timezone: 5  8)

Arantor

Yes, but I have to know your user id to get that so I can make everyone's have the same!

Otherwise it would just use their timezone, which is what I asked you several posts ago.

gvalfer

QuoteYes, but I have to know your user id to get that so I can make everyone's have the same!

and how you know this?

Arantor

Because I have to do an SQL lookup using your user id to fetch your timezone, so that number can be used in all the other pages for all the other users?

I DON'T KNOW YOUR USER ID. This is why I'm asking so I can write you the code, but to be honest, the fact it's taken 2 pages to get a fairly small list of requirements, I don't know I have the energy to write this any more.

gvalfer

Do as you intend, you make the easy way. i'm sorry my bad english, i'm portuguese :(

cheers

Arantor

The easy way is to not care about timezones and just use the previous 24 hours, but as you indicated that isn't what you wanted.

All I want to know is your user number. I don't what name, password, email address or anything else, just your user id number, which as I said is probably 1. But without that I can't possibly attempt write it as you requested.

If you can provide that, I will see about taking a look at this once I finish this mod that I've been trying for 3 days to get finished.

gvalfer

I would like to give my user ID number, but first I wonder what it is, and where can I get? I apologize to my ignorance, is that I do not understand.

Arantor

On your forum, find any post from yourself. You'll see your name on the left.

If you hover over it, you'll see the link contains ?action=profile;u=xxxx - the xxxx is your user id.

Here for example your user id is 219242.

gvalfer

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry lol

Yes my ID is 1.

now realized thanks :)

gvalfer

Arantor

Please be patient; I have been very busy the last 24 hours and haven't had time to do this yet. I suspect I won't have time until tomorrow at the earliest to do this either.

Advertisement: