News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Menus Problem

Started by jason1308, November 16, 2009, 10:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason1308

Just installed RC2, and trying to get the hang of it before the site goes live but I have noticed in the admin section the drop down menus don't show all the menu names.

For example, if I press the hover on the forum button, and hover over boards, I get a sub menu drop down to the side with two blank spaces (which are clicckable) and settings.

Is this normal or have I got a file missing ?

Arantor

What happens if you click on those entries, where does it take you?

jason1308

In the above example, the first blank space takes me to Modify Boards and the second one to add catergory.

Arantor

Do you get any errors in the admin panel?

And what language are you using?

jason1308

Language I am using is English and site is http://clickingkingdom.com/forum [nofollow]

In the admin panel I get the problems I mentioned although I have just found out that if I Toggle the menu to the left hand side, I get all the missing bits that are not in the drop down.

But if I return back to the main board (without the left hand pane toggled) and say press profile, the profile shows up as you would expect then in the sub menus profile info, modify info and actions, if I then hover over show posts which brings up a further menu, all the 3 choices are again blank although if you put the mouse over the blank bit it highlights and you see the link url in the address bar.

hope you can sort this out,

Arantor

Do you get any errors in the error log?

jason1308

I presume by error log, you mean via Admin Center > Forum Maintenence > Find and Repair errors

I clicked the button 'Run Task Now' and the message comes up 'Congratulations, no errors found! Thanks for checking.'

If there is another error log, then you will have to tell me where it is.

Arantor

No, I actually meant Admin > Maintenance > Logs > Error Log, as that will likely help identify the problem.

jason1308

Sorry, but I cannot find logs under maintenance.

All I have is :
  • Check all files against current versions
    Find and repair errors
    recount all Forum totals and statistics
    Empty out unimportant logs
    Empty the file cache

Is it one of these ?  I cannot see any mention of logs or error logs except the find and repair errors

Arantor

Do you have the menu on the left side? If so it should be under there under Forum Error Log.

jason1308

With the Menu on the left hand side I have the following :

Main
Administration Center
Support and Credits
News and newsletters
Packages

Configuration
Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout
Twitter and Facebook Publisher Mod
Pretty URLs

Forum
Boards
Posts and Topics
Search
Smileys and Message Icons
Attachments and Avatars

Members
Members
Membergroups
Permissions
Registration
Ban List

Maintenance
Forum Maintenance
Generate Reports

I cannot see an error log.

Arantor

jason1308

Wow, that did the trick !

I got :  All errors (28586) | General (61) | Template (3) | Undefined (28519) | User (3)

Too many to list here

Arantor

Hmmmm. Lots of undefined errors there.

If you select Forum Maintenance, do you get a list of 'Routine' options, one of which is "Clear the file cache" ? Might want to try that one first.

jason1308

Did the clear Cache and re did the test and this is the new result

All errors (29464) | General (61) | Template (4) | Undefined (29396) | User (3)

Arantor

It won't change the number of errors, but does it fix the errors you already had?

jason1308

No, the problems are still there.

Arantor

Weird, very weird.

OK, let's start by taking a look at the errors and start whittling down by the process of elimination.

What are the user errors, first up?

jason1308

Not sure what I have done but the errors are now

All errors (3487) | Undefined (3487)

8: Undefined index: pruning_log_descFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 1121

8: Undefined index: scheduled_log_descFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 1118

8: Undefined index: spider_log_descFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 1115

8: Undefined index: moderation_log_descFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 1109

8: Undefined index: admin_log_descFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 1106

8: Undefined index: logsFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 1097

8: Undefined index: pruning_titleFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 483

8: Undefined index: scheduled_logFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 482

8: Undefined index: spider_logsFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 481

8: Undefined index: moderation_logFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 479

8: Undefined index: admin_logFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 478

8: Undefined index: logsFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 473

8: Undefined index: mailqueue_settingsFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 462

8: Undefined index: mailqueue_browseFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 461

8: Undefined index: mailqueue_titleFile: /home/clickin1/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 456

That is the first page, hope it makes sense

Arantor

Hmm.

If you go into Themes/default/languages/, what files are in there?

Advertisement: