News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

post form not aligned correctly

Started by Fabius85, November 19, 2009, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius85

yesterday i installed the 2.0 RC2 version.
as you can see in here, the form is not correctly aligned:

searching the forums i found THIS SOLUTION but i'm not using the default theme, so:
how can i edit my Post.template.php to make the post form display correctly?

Arantor

That's because of the revised template in 2.0 RC2.

That solution probably would actually work for you though, or some variation of it, still worth trying it out.

Fabius85

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2009, 08:46:50 PM
That's because of the revised template in 2.0 RC2.

That solution probably would actually work for you though, or some variation of it, still worth trying it out.
unfortunately the in the CSS of my template there's nothing like this:
/* Styles for edit post section
---------------------------------------------------- */
#post_header
{
   margin-bottom: 0.5em;
   border-bottom: 1px solid #CACDD3;
   padding: 0.5em;
   overflow: hidden;
}

so i really dont know what to change to make it work correctly :-\

Arantor

Which CSS file? You might consider attaching that instead of trying to modify the Post.template.php since it's more controlled in CSS than anywhere else.

Fabius85

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2009, 08:57:34 PM
Which CSS file? You might consider attaching that instead of trying to modify the Post.template.php since it's more controlled in CSS than anywhere else.
you're right, i just needed to attach the code. just another problem:
as you see, "Subject:" and it edit filed and "Message Icon:" and it's combo box are not aligned too. is there a way to fix that too?

Arantor

I have no doubt something similar could be used but I'm not a CSS person really :(

Fabius85

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2009, 09:28:18 PM
I have no doubt something similar could be used but I'm not a CSS person really :(
well thanks again, i hope someone familiar with CSS can help me to fix that matter :)

Antechinus

Look in Curve's index.css and copy the codes for that area into your custom themes css file. All RC2 themes call Post.template.php from Curve, so if whoever made your theme left the relevant css classes out it will look rather odd..

Fabius85

Quote from: Antechinus on November 20, 2009, 02:02:51 AM
Look in Curve's index.css and copy the codes for that area into your custom themes css file. All RC2 themes call Post.template.php from Curve, so if whoever made your theme left the relevant css classes out it will look rather odd..
if with Curve you mean the CSS of default theme, well, even if using it (default theme) the "Subject" and "Message Icon" are not correctly aligned :-\

Antechinus

Fabius85

Quote from: Antechinus on November 20, 2009, 06:33:13 AM
Which browser and OS are you using?
Windows Vista Home Premium
Mozilla Firefox 3.5.5 / Internet Explorer 8 / Safari 4.0.4
same alignment problem with every browser

Fabius85

bump.
i'd even like to know if it's a bug that affects everyone or it's just a problem with my forum...

Arantor

It's not a bug. In 2.0 RC2, the post form was altered and is left-aligned as standard, so no it's not a problem with your forum.

Since it was the default theme being changed, it will affect any theme that inherits Post.template.php from the parent.

Fabius85

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2009, 01:51:25 PM
It's not a bug. In 2.0 RC2, the post form was altered and is left-aligned as standard, so no it's not a problem with your forum.

Since it was the default theme being changed, it will affect any theme that inherits Post.template.php from the parent.
well, i understood that, but i mean the Subject and Message Icon shoul appear in bold on the left of their inputs, Additional Option should appear on the left under the text editor... but mine are completely not aligned, as you can see in the picture i postet (http://i50.tinypic.com/350lxjb.png)...
if i look at the source of the posting form in this forum, it uses table, tr and td tags. my Profile.template.php uses instead the dl, dt and dd tags, which makes everything go wrong :-\

Arantor

That's because this forum uses the older template from 2.0 RC2 Charter and below. In 2.0 RC2 a new template was produced that won't work with your earlier theme, you'll have to either update the theme to work properly, or copy the Post.template.php from Themes/core/Post.template.php in to your theme's directory. Note that it might break some mods if you're not careful.

Fabius85

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2009, 02:41:02 PM
That's because this forum uses the older template from 2.0 RC2 Charter and below. In 2.0 RC2 a new template was produced that won't work with your earlier theme, you'll have to either update the theme to work properly, or copy the Post.template.php from Themes/core/Post.template.php in to your theme's directory. Note that it might break some mods if you're not careful.
my theme was for RC2 so i tought it was the forum not displaying correctly, and not the theme.
well i'll try to fix the theme source, thank you :)

Arantor

If the theme was for 2.0 RC2, then you might want to contact the author to fix it.

Advertisement: