Echo Buddies on Index using Tiny Portal

Started by OhFasho.com, November 21, 2009, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhFasho.com

I'm aware that using Tiny Portal you are able to post PHP Snippets, how would I go about showing the first 6buddies or so on the Index?

Arantor

Depends how you define "the first 6 buddies".

You might be better asking over on TinyPortal.net itself to be honest though.

OhFasho.com

or at would you know how to code the table at all maybe? All I'm looking for is the snippet.

Arantor

I know nothing of TinyPortal to be honest. I know how to query for the buddies list, but I'm not clear on what the "first six" would be - first 6 ordered by what?

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2009, 08:02:27 PM
I know nothing of TinyPortal to be honest. I know how to query for the buddies list, but I'm not clear on what the "first six" would be - first 6 ordered by what?

Well unless there is a custom order, its probably going to be by when they were added as a buddy (so either order by a date, or by id)

Arantor

That's what I'm trying to get at, what order it should be in.

OhFasho.com

What ever order their set too I would  suppose seeing as the user is allowed to edit which ones are first in ultimate profile mod. But if not then Date I guess.

Arantor

Ah, you didn't say you were using Ultimate Profile, unfortunately I don't know anything about that other than it does something else to what SMF's own buddies system does.

OhFasho.com

Aw, ok well thanks.
  But one question. Isn't their away I could just build a table in php & echo the buddies by IP from the SQL?

Arantor

There is, no doubt, but I don't know the SQL to give you, which is the problem.

Advertisement: