News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

registration with their first name and last name

Started by samfingcul, November 27, 2009, 06:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samfingcul

hello guys.
is first time that i've installed smf and i like it :)
now i have a question.. sorry for my bad english but i hope you will understand what im trying to do.
i've been installed the invite mod and i want every generated link to be set for an username, i will try to example with an example:
lets say i generate code activation "x7x8x9x10" i want to set that code activation for username "blabla" and when i send activation code "x7x8x9x10" to [email protected] and he click on the invitation to register, my friend to have automatically username that i set it... in that case "blabla" is that possible?
thanks

c-o-d-e

Are you trying to say, that the activation code when someone recieves the activation email. Is set for that users username?

samfingcul

yes... if i send you an activation code for my forum, you will automatically have username c-o-d-e because i set you that username. is more clear now?:)

Arantor

For questions on a mod, please ask at the mod's support topic.

samfingcul

Arantor

You've installed a mod, correct? You have a question about that mod - the best place to get an answer is the dedicated topic for that mod.

samfingcul

i posted there too but i think was deleted... can somebody move this post to mod section please? thanks

Arantor

Which mod did you install?

Once you let me know I'll see about merging this thread there. Failing that, once you find the mod you installed, find the "Support and comments for this mod" link on the page you got the mod from, that's the dedicated support thread for a mod.

samfingcul

its about invite mod. this mod allows members to register only if they have an invite code that is generated by admin.
i want to know if admin can set the username for that invite code and when that member register with that invite code, he will automatically have the username setted by admin.

Arantor

I actually hoped you'd provide a link to the mod you used as opposed to me trawling through all the mods we have since IIRC there are several with 'invite' in the name.

greyknight17

Has this issue been resolved yet? It doesn't look like what you need here is a simple modification on that invite mod. You might want to request this as a mod at the Mod Request board. Please read over the sticky topic so you can post the appropriate information in your topic on that board.

Advertisement: