News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum Error Log

Started by bertz_rolsum, December 02, 2009, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertz_rolsum

Hi guys, can anybody help me how to solve this error log:

2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/amigorg/public_html/attachments/3_avatar_8_png456d343964e203e11ad4048f7e71977d) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/pinoyfre:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp)
File: /home/pinoyfre/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3786

and

2: file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/amigorg/public_html/attachments/12_09e578d80fa5d786b171997482113fc0103c5e89) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/pinoyfre:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp)
File: /home/pinoyfre/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 1026

thank you for your support...

best regards

bertz_rolsum

anybody who can help me solve this forum error log.... thanks a lot

MrPhil

It looks like your account is 'pinoyfre' and you are trying to access a file in another account 'amigorg'. The security software on the server (open basedir restriction) is preventing you from doing this. First, is that intentional, or did you forget to update a file path? If you really are trying to get to someone else's files, and you have legitimate reason to do so, you'll probably have to talk to your hosting service to find out how to remove the open basedir restriction (if they'll let you). Have you checked your Settings.php to make sure it has the right directory paths?

Is this from some mod you've installed? Line 3786 is beyond the end of Sources/Subs.php "stock" version 1.1.11. There are some file_exists() calls in both files -- are you trying to access attachments under a different account than your own?

bertz_rolsum

tnx for the reply. actually, I just migrated my forum site from amigo to pinoyfre. Intentional and forgetting a file path? I don't have any idea about this... My new hosting was the one who did it for me..For legitimacy, yes, becoz I am the owner... Yes, the setting.php has correct directory path..

"are you trying to access attachments under a different account than your own?" nope, I just view those errors from Forum error log and I want those be corrected...

MrPhil

Look in your Settings.php file for these lines:

# Note: These directories do not have to be changed unless you move things.
$boarddir = '/home/amigogr/public_html'; # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = '/home/amigogr/public_html/Sources'; # Path to the Sources directory.

If either or both are there, someone forgot to change them when moving you over. In both lines change amigogr to pinoyfre.

If both are OK, it's possible that something with the old path is still stored in the database. Try the above fix first, and see if that cures the problem. If not, let us know.

bertz_rolsum

This is what I found

$boarddir = '/home/pinoyfre/';      # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = '/home/pinoyfre/Sources';      # Path to the Sources directory.

I just added /public_html as you've cited

So this is now the setting, hope this solve the issue

$boarddir = '/home/pinoyfre/public_html';      # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = '/home/pinoyfre/public_html/Sources';      # Path to the Sources directory.

I will give you feedback later. thanks a lot, you're the man....

bertz_rolsum

after 10 minutes of observation, I got the same error. Still the same... And I also found out that Backup is giving me 0 byte output... I can't backup my forum database....

MrPhil

Anybody know where @bertz_rolsum's system might be picking up the old directory path (/home/amigogr/...)? In the database somewhere?

In the meantime, you might try a few things:

1) Double check your Settings.php file via your hosting control panel's file manager, and make sure the changes you made are still there. For example, if your Settings.php file was "read-only"/444 and you uploaded (FTP) a revised Settings.php over it, it might not have been overwritten. You would need to make your Settings.php writable (644) first.

2) Clear your browser cache, in case you're merely still seeing an old cached page with the old error.

3) Download repair_settings.php into the same directory that Settings.php lives in, and run it from your browser. Pay attention to the various names it gives -- maybe you'll see a /home/amigogr still in there somewhere, and you can change it to /home/pinoyfre. When done, erase repair_settings.php (it's dangerous to leave it around).

We'll address the backup problem once the address problem is fixed (if that doesn't fix it along the way).

bertz_rolsum

problem solved. thanks Mr. Phil.

Advertisement: