From Purple to Gray and back again!

Started by jblazeofek, December 06, 2009, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

I bet you all have noticed that I have been switching back and forth from Gray to Purple lately and I want to explain a bit why.

The first time, I had a tragic event happen which left me wandering around mindlessly going on a rampage and I didn't want that spilling over to my work here. So I asked for a gray badge. Within a week, after doing some "damage control", I asked for my purple badge back.

Next, I was spending more time working on my military career and preparing for basic training which left me no time for SMF. Of course, that meant that I wasn't fufilling my obligation to the Team so I took it upon myself to ask for the gray badge again. I didn't plan on returning until at least the end of next year (2010).

Now, here's the kicker. Due to some clerical problems, my paperwork was lost and things just started going downhill. I lost my contract and my military job, and had to get a new ship date (late August 2010). So, now this left me with alot of time and I needed somewhere to spend it. What did I think of first? Working on SMF.

So, I am back now, and still kicking. Keep submitting those mods so I have something to do with my spare time :P

Just wanted to clear any misunderstanding regarding my badge changing recently.

Regards,
JB
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Akyhne

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Arantor

Dragooon

Even luck wants you to be here, welcome back!

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

Acans

Now that your back till late next year, are you going to starting catching up to Arantor ;)
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

JBlaze

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on December 07, 2009, 10:44:38 PM
Now that your back till late next year, are you going to starting catching up to Arantor ;)

Impossible. :P
Jason Clemons

Acans

And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

Arantor

I am slowing down a little, so it's not impossible for JBlaze to catch me up - he has 8 months, and 8 months is how long I've been here posting (8 months and 1 day, in fact, since my first post) - and he has a few thousand head-start since I started!

Well... there's only 15k posts gap right now...

Acans

Just use the Dark Side of the Force JBlaze

JBlaze

* JBlaze bribes an admin to change his postcount

Meh I'd still have to catch up to his mods too
Jason Clemons

Arantor

Hate to say it but here's a quote from me, today, in Mod Requests. Shouldn't be a problem for you to catch up if I'm not doing any new...

Quote from: Arantor on December 08, 2009, 11:57:47 AM
* Arantor decides to work on this paid mod, see how it goes, but unless it actually goes well, I won't be writing ANY more mods other than what's already in the mod queue, because quite frankly, I'm that fed up of the expectation that everything must be free. I've already done more here at SMF than I ever originally intended to.

JBlaze

Ah. Thus the reason I'm finally moving to paid mods as well. I'm having a free as well as a premium version. More details at http://forum.thelulz.com
Jason Clemons

Kat-2

WOW...how strange. That is a first for me....never heard of paperwork for someone joining up being lost. I am happy to see you back though.. :-*

Advertisement: