can't run the forum after creating new component link

Started by achintya, May 09, 2005, 02:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achintya

Hi

I am trying to run the forum after installing the component.  I created a 'new item' in my user menu and linked it to the simple forum component.  When I try to run the link from my user menu I get the following error message, any suggestions what may be causing this?

thanks  Achintya

Warning: main(/administrator/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nvcuk/public_html/infopoint/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard.php on line 93

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/administrator/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nvcuk/public_html/infopoint/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard.php on line 93

Warning: main(/administrator/components/com_simpleboard/language/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nvcuk/public_html/infopoint/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard.php on line 112

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/administrator/components/com_simpleboard/language/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nvcuk/public_html/infopoint/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard.php on line 112

Warning: main(/components/com_simpleboard/forum.conf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nvcuk/public_html/infopoint/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard.php on line 137

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/components/com_simpleboard/forum.conf' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nvcuk/public_html/infopoint/components/com_simpleboard/simpleboard.php on line 137

NoRad

Well, you're posting on Simple Machines Forum, but your error message says Simpleboard. That could be your problem...

You should try installing SMF and go from there.  ;)

achintya

hi

thanks for the reply.  is there a version of smf for Mambo?  Is it on this site.  I can only find basic installations, is there another programme I need to get this to work in Mambo?

thanks

ac

xenovanis

Well, the bridge to link SMF and Mambo is here. Just remember that you'd actually have to download and install SMF itself before you can implement the bridge.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

NoRad

And trust me, it's worth it. Simpleboard is very limited.

achintya

Hi all

thanks for your responses... am in the process of installation.  Trouble is, it needs to be in the same mysql directory as Mambo... which is causing difficulties with permissions etc.

on the case...

ac

NoRad

You'll get it figured out. Get both mambo and SMF setup and running independent of one another first, then install the bridge. You'll need to decide whether or not you want mambo or SMF to handle the registration and the users at that point.

achintya

Hi

Just a check... it is necessary to have smf in the same mysql database as mambo?  My host used cpanel to install mambo and it automatically created the database and user and I think invented a wierd password I can't get hold of.  Also I suspect the cpanel installation somehow protected the database?

When I try to install smf and put in the same mysql settings, but using a prefix, I get the error message:

Access denied for user: 'nvcuk_mamb1@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I think refers to an incorrect password?

Can I still do the bridge if smf is installed in a different mysql database?

This would help

thanks

achintya

xenovanis

Quote from: achintya on May 09, 2005, 05:20:16 AM
When I try to install smf and put in the same mysql settings, but using a prefix, I get the error message:

Actually it means your username is incorrect.

You can install Mambo and SMF in the same database, it uses different prefixes, e.g. Mambo uses mos_ and SMF uses smf_. How where you using a prefix? Are you sure the database name is correct?

I wouldn't recommend installing smf in a different database, though.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Orstio

Quote from: achintya on May 09, 2005, 05:20:16 AM
Hi

Just a check... it is necessary to have smf in the same mysql database as mambo?  My host used cpanel to install mambo and it automatically created the database and user and I think invented a wierd password I can't get hold of.  Also I suspect the cpanel installation somehow protected the database?

Can I still do the bridge if smf is installed in a different mysql database?

This would help

thanks

achintya

Mambo and SMF can be in different databases.  You just need to make sure, in your cPanel, that the SMF database user has access to the Mambo database, and the Mambo database user has access to the SMF database.

Kindred

Oh...   and you can easily find your mambo database, database user, and database user password...

in Mambo admin, under global config. the Server Tab has all the information. It's also stored in mambo's configuration.php

in SMF, the info is stored in settings.php

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

achintya

Hi all

thanks to everyone for your help.

Managed to install smf in the same database as mambo, and installed the bridge.

Seems to appear ok when I add a main menu component link.

BUT the onscreen fonts etc are MASSIVE and it looks pretty ugly inside the wrapper.  Is there a utility for making onscreen fonts etc smaller and configuring the appearance inside SMF?

thanks

achintya

Kindred

you know... try reading some of the stickied threads...   (especially the one labeled FAQ)

1) change the line near the top of smf's index.template.php from xhtml to html...  this will make the font issue better.

2) You'll have to merge and modify the CSS files for the mambo theme and the SMF theme to completely correct the look

3) Using the default SMF theme will probably cause problems because of the buffer/spacing issue with the tables.

4) Certain mambo themes (solarflare?)  just plain suck
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: