News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Use SMF Registration login redirect (MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.14)

Started by Aravot, May 03, 2005, 09:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

Using SMF registration instead of Bridge registration, once a user registers after registration receives the following error, however the user is logged in.

Again using SMF registration instead of Bridge, when user loges in from mambo interface gets redirected to SMF forum, I like the user to stay in mambo.

In login module I have the option set to 'Back to the Mambo Homepage'

Orstio

I'm not sure why you are having the cookie error on registration.  Just beforethis, I registered at another site, and it logged me in just fine.

What are your settings for database driven sessions and subdomain independent cookies?

QuoteAgain using SMF registration instead of Bridge, when user loges in from mambo interface gets redirected to SMF forum, I like the user to stay in mambo.

In login module I have the option set to 'Back to the Mambo Homepage'

Thanks!  If you want, you can change this in MOS_SMF.php:

find:

if (empty($_SESSION['return']))

and change it to this:

if (empty($_SESSION['return']) && empty($returncheck))

This will be fixed in future releases.

Aravot

Quote from: Orstio on May 03, 2005, 10:13:27 PM
I'm not sure why you are having the cookie error on registration.  Just beforethis, I registered at another site, and it logged me in just fine.
What are your settings for database driven sessions and subdomain independent cookies?

Sorry I am not that technical just starting, I don't know what you mean so I gave you Admin right, if you have the time login in and see if you can sort it out.

Thanks again

chadness

Those are settings in your SMF administration.  Check under Edit Features and Options in the basic settings.

Aravot

Use database driven sessions                               CHECKED
Allow browsers to go back to cached pages            CHECKED
Seconds before an unused session timeout             2880

Is this the requested info?

chadness

Check these as well:
Enable local storage of cookies - make sure it's unchecked

Use subdomain independent cookies - change this one, if it's checked, uncheck it, if it's unchecked, check it.

See if that helps.

chadness

One other thing you might try - try uploading the file mos_smf.php from the compressed file in the Step 1 folder to your forum/sources directory.

Aravot

Tried all the following suggestions:

Use database driven sessions                               CHECKED
Allow browsers to go back to cached pages            CHECKED
Seconds before an unused session timeout             2880
Enable local storage of cookies                             UNCHECKED

Checked and unchecked - Subdomain independent cookies

overwroting mos_smf.php same result as before, that is the above error message with user registration.

chadness

Have you tried this using different browsers, and/or on a different computer?

Aravot

Quote from: chadness on May 06, 2005, 03:43:19 PM
Have you tried this using different browsers, and/or on a different computer?

Yes on 3 different computers and browser, you can try it --> HERE

chadness

Try changing where the person is supposed to be redirected after login, see if the error still occurs.

It's very strange that this happens during the registration process only.

Also, I wouldn't use the SMF registration process at all, only the bridge's, if you aren't planning on using the forums as stand alone as well.

Aravot

I am going to upgrade to v3.15 will report back.

What is the logic behind not using SMF registration, as for why I am using cause of custom fields that I have and don't know how to create it in Mambo.

Omega X

Quote from: Aravot on May 09, 2005, 03:33:48 PM
I am going to upgrade to v3.15 will report back.

What is the logic behind not using SMF registration, as for why I am using cause of custom fields that I have and don't know how to create it in Mambo.

I don't understand why not to use the SMF registration either. It works flawlessly. Now the bridge registration on the otherhand needs work.

Aravot

chadness

Quote from: Aravot on May 09, 2005, 03:33:48 PM
I just don't like my users to get out of sync, since when they register in SMF they don't get in to Mambo until the first time they log in.  I suppose for most people it isn't an issue.

I suppose you could only use the SMF registration :)

Sorry, I'm pretty stumped right now, I'm not great at troubleshooting this.  Hopefully Kindred or Orstio will have some ideas.

Advertisement: