News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bringing PHPRivals To SMF!

Started by CFCParadox, January 06, 2010, 03:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Here was me thinking his top secret project was already in his sig... ;)

CFCParadox

LOL I just noticed his new project :P

I wonder what it is...
characters remaining: 575

smp420

Never heard of this software and now I wish I didn't find this thread until the smf version was done, because I want it so bad. lol
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

TylerK

Had a few minutes tonight to write up the software class for SMF. Its working, it don't look pretty (all editable through css and templates) but it works :)

Screenshot: http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9414/banking2.png [nofollow]
Visit: http://www.phprivals.com/ [nofollow] and click the download page to download the newest package. Once downloaded read the README file.

This has been requested so so many times for SMF, so I hope you all appreciate it :) but do remember its BETA so your bound to find a few bugs here and there (I recently rewrote the tournament system so expect some there).

Any comments are welcome :) post any bugs you find on phpRivals' bug forum.

Thanks for the support and interest :)
Tyler.

JBlaze

What versions of SMF is it tested on? 1.1.11? 2.0 RC2?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

KensonPlays

Just to let you know, I get this error when installing:

Warning: require(../SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/rivals_app/core/software/smf/software.php on line 33

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/rivals_app/core/software/smf/software.php on line 33

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

KensonPlays

Quote from: JBlaze on January 08, 2010, 01:13:57 AM
What versions of SMF is it tested on? 1.1.11? 2.0 RC2?

looks like 1.1.10 or 1.1.11...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

JBlaze

That means it can't find SSI.php.

@TylerK, try using dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php instead of ../SSI.php
Jason Clemons

KensonPlays

what should I edit or change to make that work, the install directory? the folder it is in when it is done? What do you think?

I know, JBlaze, that you are not familiar with this, just what do you think?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

JBlaze

I have no idea how it is coded and have no intention of opening it.

If you want to find it, look in software.php and see where SSI is being called and also what directory software.php is in.
Jason Clemons

KensonPlays

it is located in *ROOT*/core/software/smf/**filename**

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

KensonPlays

$path = '../../';
}

require ( '../SSI.php' ); }

/*
* Environment class is used to parse the template,

This is the line it is on (with wordwarp on)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

SoLoGHoST

This is probably a stupid question, but what does this game do exactly??  From the description at the site, I can tell that it is a game that has the latest jQuery UIs.  And stuff about ladders, clans, etc..  But it says absolutely nothing about what it's actually for??  Or what it brings to your forum(s).  I'm not big on Forum games, so please forgive me if I've never heard of this game, if it is even popular.  Just curious, as the title sort of implies that you battle against others using php code.  Is this true?  If so, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but just wanna be sure of this in any case.

Thanks

JBlaze

Code (find) Select
require ( '../SSI.php' );
Code (replace) Select
require(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
Jason Clemons

KensonPlays

It is not a game. go to http://www.phprivals.com, and on the bottom left, read those two short paragraphs...

JBlaze: Thanks!

ATTACHMENT: JBlaze's fixed file...

EDIT: ATTACHMENT Doesn't work, i tried it, reuploaded edited file... ...,....

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

JBlaze

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on January 08, 2010, 01:40:13 AM
This is probably a stupid question, but what does this game do exactly??  From the description at the site, I can tell that it is a game that has the latest jQuery UIs.  And stuff about ladders, clans, etc..  But it says absolutely nothing about what it's actually for??  Or what it bring to your forums.  I'm not big on Forum games, so forgive if I've never heard of this game, if it is even popular.  Just curious, as the title sort of implies that you battle against others using php code.  Is this true?  If so, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but just wanna be sure of this in any case.

Thanks

It's not a game. It's a clan management/ladder system.

http://www.google.com/search?q=clan+ladder+system
Jason Clemons

SoLoGHoST

Ohh, ok.  Duh, feeling way out of my league here....

Thanks

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

TylerK

Are you getting this error on install or in general use, because if your getting the error on the install page I may know why.

KensonPlays

yes, on the install, right after "submit" button...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: