From the Team Blogosphere, to the Community, that time has come.

Started by Arantor, January 08, 2010, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

At that rate no wonder you had a burnt out Arantor. I have the utmost respect for you, for all the work you did although sometimes I got the feeling that it wasn''t appreciated as it should have. You left a hell of a legacy at Smf. I wish you all the best with whatever projects you will take up next.

butchs

You did a great job!!!!  Get a nice rest, we will like to see a cameo from time to time.   8)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

~DS~

I know I have posted this story over at DP and I must said you are one of the greatest supporter I have ever come across in different forums I have been in. You helped me out much here and point me to the correct direction since I joined the community. Needless to said, just be who you are and your passion to code and help others is what inspired me with your character. You are a legacy in the eyes of many. And always remember... just be who you are and that's all that matters.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

plusev

Quick note to say - thx for the help you've provided me and other and all the Best.

+EV

Acans

Just like everybody said, you will be missed.

You may not be able to post as much you used to, or want to.

But hopefully you can keep your packages updated.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Arantor

I can keep my packages updated, I now have less than half of all the mods I've done left attached to me (I seem to count 45 released mods, of which 21 are still under my name).

I'm still *able* to post, I just don't have the desire as much :(

ethankcvds

Well good luck with your current projects and hope to see you back as part of the team sometime in the future.
No Pm's for support please!

Acans

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2010, 08:26:29 AM
I'm still *able* to post, I just don't have the desire as much :(

Will it help if I flew to England and stood behind you poking you with a school metre ruler saying "Post" *Pokes* "Post!"
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Arantor

MarcusJ

My post is a bit late.  I just want to say thanks for what you've done. 

I do hope you'll return some day.

Looking forward to Simpledesk.

cutelover007

http://gupshupclub.cz.cc" title="GUPSHUP CLUB" target="_blank">

www.gupshupclub.cz.cc

Arantor

Quote from: cutelover007 on March 20, 2010, 01:56:36 PM
nice,,,,

Resigning from the team due to burnout is nice?

* Arantor wonders if this isn't a spam account.

Arantor

Nah, I doubt this is sockpuppetry. It would be far more likely to troll me if that were the case, hoping I respond and get another warning.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

kat

They obviously don't know the new, improved, mellow Arantor. ;)

Arantor

Dismal: Yes, yesterday, in reference to http://www.smf-friends.org/index.php?topic=1376.0

Kat: Mellow? Hell no. I've given up trying to sugar coat things, and am loosing my natural sarcastic self, asking impertinent questions and so on. If some don't like that, fine. I will be damned for who I am, not who I end up pretending to me.

~DS~

Arantor

Don't apologise. Like I said, let me be damned for who I am.

Acans

Quote from: Arantor on March 20, 2010, 07:04:38 PM
Don't apologise. Like I said, let me be damned for who I am.

Theirs nothing wrong with being you Arantor.

Advertisement: