[FREE] Limit User/Usergroup posts per day [PAID]

Started by ACAMS, January 17, 2010, 10:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACAMS

Version
SMF 2.0 RC2 and using the Headline theme by Crip (it gets most of it's files from the default theme folder)

Description
would like to be able to limit the number of posts a user, or usergroup can make per day. I saw a similar request while searching for a way to do this and it was suggested to set a time limit on the posts, but that would make all users suffer and I don't want that. It would be great if I could time limit one user, or usergroup.
Is it possible to limit a single user, as I have already created and moved him into a "Limited" usergroup and he can only post in topics he made, but I really want to limit the number of posts he makes.

Permissions
I would like Admin only to have control, but if it is easier to do allowing Moderators to have access that will be fine.

Feature Set
Amin Options

THANKS for any help, or tips.

SlammedDime

Please see this topic and added the required information and format it in a readable fashion and we will be able to approve your topic: READ ME: How To Request A Modification (Mod)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

legostrat

This would be a great mod, specifically for helping to limit spammers.  An additional feature that could help would be a time limit on the amount of time it effects a new user.  So a new user joins, and for the first week or so, they're limited to x number of posts a day.
www.calxanime.com [nofollow] - a SMF forum!  :D  Join if you're interested.

ACAMS

Quote from: legostrat on January 23, 2010, 11:16:26 AM
This would be a great mod, specifically for helping to limit spammers.  An additional feature that could help would be a time limit on the amount of time it effects a new user.  So a new user joins, and for the first week or so, they're limited to x number of posts a day.

I would not really want to limit new users, just problem posters that end up in fights with the regulars.

I always have that one member that think they have to post a reply to every single topic and post 20-30 dumb posts a day. I think if I can limit the current problem poster to 10 posts a day he will start making his posts count.....I have suspended other users and after time they have improved, but I think the best way to get them to do better quicker is to limit their posts. I put the current problem poster in a User Group "Limited" and set it to where he could not make new topics and it helped a little, but I don't have enough control over User Groups.

ACAMS

Am I the ONLY one who has a member on their forum who REALLY needs a post limit?
I have an 11 YO right now driving me nuts......and about one a year joins and irritates crap out of me, the mods  and the regular members till I suspend them a couple times and they straighten out, or leave.....usually they straight out and do good. If I can limit their posts per day they will straighten out a lot quicker, I am sure!

KensonPlays

You are right, I would like this as well....!!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Arantor

ACAMS

I tried that........EVERY time I checked the board there was a big (!) and I had to go read his post to see how dumb it was! (which was VERY, VERY irritating) He did seem to slow a little, especially when I told him suspension was next, but there will be another JUST like him along in a few months and it sure would be nice to just move them to the "Limited" usergroup and set their post limit per day and tell them to make them count, and not HAVE to moderate the posts. (of course the real dumb ones will still have to be deleted)

ACAMS

How hard would it be to make a mod to limit the number of posts a usergroup can make in 1 day?
Is this something I could post in the help wanted section?

Arantor

You could do, but I doubt you'll get much more response than here unless you're willing to pay for it.

ACAMS

Wonder what something like this would cost?

Arantor

Were I interested and had time to do this, I'd charge about $50 to make it for everyone, $75 to make it just for you.

ACAMS

I will pay that if somebody was to do it, and I would want everybody to have it.

Arantor

That's probably not far off the mark as a pricing guide; but sadly I have neither time or desire to do this for you.

ACAMS

Anybody else want to try it.......and shoot a price at me?

ACAMS

I know this can't be that hard to do.........is it because you guy's are still fighting, or did all the people that did this kind of stuff get banned?

Arantor

Nah, mostly that the majority of the people who wrote mods for other people got ****ed and threw their toys out the pram, me included. I'm sort of back at this point, pending a few other things, but still no plans to write this.

Remember, this board doesn't guarantee things will be built, it's just a place for you to request.

Arantor

Actually that's completely different code that you'd need.

live627

Advertisement: