Problem after switching from windows to linix.

Started by GMvsWORLD, January 20, 2010, 04:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMvsWORLD

Question guys...

Host is godaddy

my site is  gmvsworld.com [nofollow]

After I upgraded my forum and switched from windows based to linix, the default directorys in the database no longer works.   I needed to reload SMF2.0-RC2 and reloaded my theme.  Everything is back up and running but  my smileys, avatars/ attachments dont work,  and I get  the " x "  pretty much everywhere on the site where it calls for a logo, or pic.   

I tried to upload new avatars and attachments and it stated the avatar upload directory is not writable or accessable.

godaddy  has no answers for me.  They did their tests and stated everything is fine. 

Here are my directory info under database and paths in the admin section.

Forum URL    =    http://www.gmvsworld.com [nofollow]
SMF Directory   =  /home/content/c/l/i/clintbaxstrom/html
Sources Directory   =   /home/content/c/l/i/clintbaxstrom/html/Sources
Cache Directory    =    /home/content/c/l/i/clintbaxstrom/html/cache

My attachments directory  shows "red" and this is the path.   Seems incorrect.  D:\Hosting\5136291\html/attachments

My avatars directory is also "red" and this is that path.  D:\Hosting\5136291\html/avatars
can someone help..

Thank you..

Tyrsson

Please use this tool to reset the file paths.

What is repair_settings.php?

Please note that after using this tool you will still need to reset the filepaths for other themes in the admincp under theme settings. Scroll to the bottom and click "Attempt to reset all themes".
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

GMvsWORLD

thats great    but I'm not sure what my directory paths should be.   

GMvsWORLD

I figured out the attachments and avatars...

Now I need to know what the    -   (Absolute path to all smiley sets)    It's not correct.   Anyone know?

aED

There is a suggested path below the textboxes when you used repair_settings.php just click on those text and it will be entered into the textboxes then hit save.

Tyrsson

When you upload the tool and access the file with your browser it should show you the actual path in the recommended value field. Just click those values and click save. Should fix it.

GMvsWORLD

THANK YOU  TO EVERYONE...  Seems I'm back up... !!!  Woot  Woot...

Tyrsson

Your welcome, just remember to reset the paths for the other themes in the admincp.

Advertisement: