News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Language error

Started by DarknQuiet, January 19, 2010, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarknQuiet

I went into the admin settings today just to clean up and I got this messege when trying to get into my "Language" Settings.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%' in /home/*********/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin-utf8.php on line 329

I am running SMF 2.0 RC2. I found it when I ran Maintenance. How can I fix this? Is it as easy as deleting my index.spanish_latin-utf8.php file?
Thank you for any help.

Darko

kat

If you don't need it, rename it and see what happens. You can always name it back, if you need to.

DarknQuiet

Nope, still have the error  :-\

I dont know if this helps but this is what line 329 reads:

$txt['info_center_title'] = %1$s - Centro de Información;

kat

Yuk. Looks like something a mod altered. Have you added any mods, just before this started?

DarknQuiet

The sad and crazy thing is that  didnt notice this till the other day. I installed all these languages couple weeks ago  :o

kat

Bugger.

What were the most recent mods you added, then? That might give us a clue.

DarknQuiet

Honestly I dont know  :o I have 44 different mods installed now. It could be like one third of these mods were installed after the language were installed.

kat

How are you with "Trial & error"?

It's obviously the "%1$s" that's causing the problem.

Thing is, without knowing what's altered that bit of code, I couldn't even guess what it SHOULD be (Someone else might well know, though).

As an example, what happens if you change it to "1", or something?

My forum's not UTF-8, so I'm working blind, here.

I know a couple of other places where I have ftp access, though. They might be UTF-8.

I'll go and have a butcher's...

kat

Found one.

That line's not in it, at all. So, it's got to be a mod.

Looking at it, there's an obvious reference to "info center".

Any mods along those lines?

Maybe one of these?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=info+center

DarknQuiet

Nope the most close mod would be "Last Users In 24 Hours" but I can not unistall this. I get an error  ??? No info center that I can see either
Should I go through and just uninstall all my mods until It (hopefully) clears?
By the way thank you for all your help  ;D

kat

No sweat, mate.

Tell you what...

Can you attach a copy of that file, here?

DarknQuiet

kat

OK. Rename that one and put the attached one in it's place.

See how that goes. My Spanish isn't good, so it might say something weird, but it should work OK.

DarknQuiet

I get this error now:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/mydarkto/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin-utf8.php on line 331

kat

Well, that line's just:

$txt['send_topic'] = 'Enviar tema';

and that's OK.

Looks like there an apostrophe missing in line 329, though.

Try this one.

DarknQuiet

Ok this error comes up now

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%' in /home/mydarkto/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin-utf8TEST.php on line 329

This is refereing to the first file I renamed

DarknQuiet

Quote from: DarknQuiet on January 20, 2010, 05:24:49 PM
Ok this error comes up now

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%' in /home/mydarkto/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin-utf8TEST.php on line 329

This is refereing to the first file I renamed

Ok i deleted the original and now this comes up

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%' in /home/mydarkto/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.spanish_latin.php on line 329

kat

In that file I attached, there isn't a "%" there!

It's this:

$txt['info_center_title'] = 'Info Center - Centro de Informacion';

kat

I'm just off for sex to bed.

I'll pick up on this in the morning, if it's not solved. :)

DarknQuiet

LOL enjoy.......I mean sweet dreams
Again thank you for your help

Advertisement: