News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Signatures max size?

Started by tomaschx, January 20, 2010, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomaschx

Hi.

Well, on my forum, a guy has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge signature. It's exactly this image:
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/falcera/Baler0gcopy.jpg [nofollow]

And it's annoying the hell out of me. Is there any way to change the max signature size? Dunno, I don't need to remove the image, but something like... make the signature space smaller? I think i've seen somewhere a "scroll down for the full signature" script or something like that. Help?

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

tomaschx

Hi again!

Uhh, it's not working. I installed it, everything's ok, but I just can't get it to work? It has a small link at the top that says "Note that settings are not applied to existing signatures by default. Click here to apply rules to all existing signatures.".

I clicked the link, but nothing happened.

Any suggestions?

tomaschx

Sorry for uhh double posting.
I just noticed this:

It doesn't prevent them to use the images, though. They still can add 501+ px images to their signatures.
So, I still need help.

Kays

Well, it doesn't always work. Did you try saving that page.

Did you input a max width as well as a height?

It also doesn't work on existing images so you need to click on that link you mentioned earlier. Any errors in the error log when you do that.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

tomaschx

No errors, but it still doesn't work.

Yes, Max height is 500, while max width is 800.

Paul_Pauline

If it's really pissing you off go to his profile and edit it !
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

tomaschx

I know I can do that, but I just want to stop it forever, since now I got 2 other users using the same kind of image :<

Paul_Pauline

I had a cursory look at the mod mentioned earlier.

Can't you disable the IMG tags in it !
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

tomaschx

Yeah but people would complain. The only thing I want to do, is to allow images that are smaller than what I chose.

kat

On my forum, the sig size is in the rules.

They either obey the rules, or they get banned.

Anyone who has a sig as big as that one simply has to be a...

tomaschx

Quote from: Kat on January 21, 2010, 05:23:04 PM
On my forum, the sig size is in the rules.

They either obey the rules, or they get banned.

Anyone who has a sig as big as that one simply has to be a...

That's a good idea lol.

Paul_Pauline

Where'd you get the piccy of Arantor from  .............  PMSL   ;D

kat

I really had to try hard not to put what I was thinking, then... ;)

Advertisement: