News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Show Members location on Members List

Started by Chas Large, February 07, 2010, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

Might have to take a look at this. I did something similar with my 1.1.11 board. I plan to do the same with my 2.0 board. The memberlist is too plain. Can you do something similar to the attach image. If not no big deal, I did it for 1.1.11, I am sure I can do it for 2.0. ;)

Chas Large

@nend, there's already a mod that does this in 2.0. My mod is a very simple addition of data already in the dB to the original table.

@mike S, I love a challenge and will work on the addition of Custom Profile fields to the memberlist or indeed create another that lists them, there may not be much room in the original table, it's already a bit squashed.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

mike s

thanks Chas.. for what its worth I do appreciate your efforts!

wickedgood

How can I add "location" to the member search area?

Its already in the admin area but nothing for regular members.

Chas Large

Quote from: wickedgood on January 10, 2011, 05:08:59 PM
How can I add "location" to the member search area?

Its already in the admin area but nothing for regular members.
You'll either need to find another mod that will add this option to the search page or hack the code to add it yourself. This mod will not do that for you, sorry.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

wickedgood

Chas - Thanks for the great mod! :)

I realized the mod didn't modify the search after I installed it. Its a step in the right direction though.

nevsutt

I installed this mod but the location is listed in the Email column

Chas Large

Quote from: nevsutt on October 31, 2012, 07:26:39 AM
I installed this mod but the location is listed in the Email column
I suspect other mods have interfered with this installation. Try uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it manually.

nevsutt

Thanks But I did install it manually in 2.0.2

Chas Large

Just installed on a 2.0.2 forum using the default (Curve) theme and it installed OK, see the before and after screen shots attached.

Are you using the default theme? If not did the installer throw any errors for the theme you are using?

nevsutt

Chas Large

Yes, it's called the Package Manager.

Admin > Package Manager > Download Packages > Scroll to the bottom

Upload the zip file, click Install Mod and magic happens :)

nevsutt

FrizzleFried

Link to it on the first post...

...and it does work out of the box.  I just installed it 5 minutes ago.

nevsutt

Thanks but isnt that for 1.5  Im running 2.0.2

Chas Large

Quote from: nevsutt on October 31, 2012, 09:38:03 AM
Thanks but isnt that for 1.5  Im running 2.0.2
That 1.5 is the latest version of the mod. Under that the page shows:
Compatible With:
    2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2

FrizzleFried

Again... I am running it out of the box with zero issues on default install (2.0.2)...

nevsutt

Thanks Guys I got it sorted after importing backup files

Chas Large

CheeseHead05

For some odd reason, when I install this mod and go to see if it actually shows members' location on member list, it doesn't show up...any suggestions?

Advertisement: