News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Repair Settings for SMF 2 RC2?

Started by moofa, February 09, 2010, 06:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moofa

Hi there,

I was just wondering if repair_settings.php works with the 2.0 version of smf and if there are any known issues with it.

Kays

It will work with both versions. The only issue is that it doesn't always update the theme settings which will need to be checked afterward.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

moofa

KensonPlays

Kays, whenever I run repair_settings, it ALWAYS messes up the themes, and I have to navigate through a LONG list of bulleted lists. But I have to find and click the attempt to reset theme button, then it is fine... ...everytime themes get messed up..

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

aishaweb

Ive never seen it mess up my theme paths on 2.0

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Kill Em All

I guess it depends on server configuration. I have some trouble with theme paths once in awhile with it. But moofa, you should be pretty safe using it, it is not going to seriously endanger your forum at all.

Please feel free to mark this solved if it is. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kays

Quote from: Kcmartz on February 10, 2010, 12:01:29 PM
Kays, whenever I run repair_settings, it ALWAYS messes up the themes, and I have to navigate through a LONG list of bulleted lists. But I have to find and click the attempt to reset theme button, then it is fine... ...everytime themes get messed up..

You should only notice that when actually changing the forum paths/folder. It's not done that for me if I just run it.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Arantor

Quote from: Kays on February 09, 2010, 07:03:59 PM
It will work with both versions. The only issue is that it doesn't always update the theme settings which will need to be checked afterward.

Unless I'm much mistaken, it also doesn't handle multiple attachment folders.

Kays

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen that one before but it could explain attachment problems when moving forums.

My Mods

Arantor

There was, I believe, a fixed version floating around the team boards a bit back that needed more testing before publication; certainly it should have fixed the theme dir issue, not sure if it fixed the attachment dir issue.

For more information on the issue, there was a Charter helpdesk ticket that was rooted in this, for which I started a topic in the Support team board because of some of the other stuff that came up in the ticket - but once you find that thread, and read the ticket, you'll see exactly what the issues are with repair_settings.php and attachments.

The other issue with attachments is FileZilla. Since 1.1.9 / RC1-1, SMF doesn't leave in attachment extensions (e.g. .jpg, .php or whatever) at the end of the filename, which FileZilla by default treats as non-binary... meaning it converts all \n to \r\n, virtually irretrievably damaging the files.

Kays

Thanks I'll try to hunt it down. I do remember seeing discussion on whether it's ready yet.

I am aware of the ftp problem with encrypted file names.

My Mods

Advertisement: