News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosaic

Is there a full demo of this running somewhere, in English ?

I get the concept, but having a hard time visualizing what the mod does in the end.

Thanks,
K

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Robin1989

thanks sleepy i noticed that it wasnt installed when i whent to updated apache and php from whm. got it working now and its a great mod sleepy thanks for this

IsraelSKA

hi!

I installed FBC in my SMF forum (RC3) but i can't connect...
I try to connect using "Connect with Facebook" button and nothing happened..
No errors, no blank pages..  :/

Robin1989

did you set up an application for your site on facebook and past the api keys it gave you into the SA Facebook Connect Integration settings in the admin panel

IsraelSKA

sure, api key, secret key and application ID in my SMF forum...
in addition I set connect URL (http://mydomain.com/) and Base Domain (myDomain.com) on facebook

Robin1989

did you also configure your email domain in your app aswell

IsraelSKA

yep, i did..

Advanced Settings/Email Domain = "MyDomain.com" <-- right?

Leemy

@SA thanks for being so responsive will all the feedback, it makes it a lot easier.

You were right something was wrong with the installation; I had to recopy /fbc/facebook/ and its subfolders.

A few points for feedback

- The "Connect to facebook" is so out of place as the highest element on the forum. it gives it too much importance.  IMHO it should be amongst the menu bar (Home, Search, Members, Logout, etc). 

- Once you log in, the navigation is very rudimentary between those links.. You can't really escape w/o clicking "back" which I dont think should be the case.

- What does "Post comment to my Facebook profile" mean... if i uncheck it, doesnt it still post to my wall?

- I had a Page before, now I have an App. Do you know if theres a way to merge these two identities?

- It seems common to have a link "update avatar" then a separate page w/ a button "update avatar" then a confirm "update avatar". Too much.

- Sometimes it seems to get stuck on "request special permissions"

- The first time i tried to update my status it told me database down.. not sure whose database.

All in all, this is an awesome app! I'm very excited to see it mature and grow.  Well done with this and good luck with its continued development!

Leemy

@SA

As another user commented-- it's a problem when users register via facebook
- Problems emailing them due to the fb proxy
- their username is a long string (probably their fb ID #?), and not equal to their display name. So if they forget their password, they can only log in via facebook i guess.

Can you disable the Register-via-Facebook option? I would like the Connect option to eitehr
- log you into SMF if you're logged into FB and already have an SMF account
- take you to the proper pages if youre already logged in.

No registering! Can you make it happen or point me to the code I should encapsulate with a nice IF :)?

Wesis69

I have this mod installed by a service and no its a great mod.I set up application on facebook but running into troubles but think it is a facebook problem with my application.I'm willing to pay sombody to review my facebook and forum and get it to work properly.Thank you in advance.(must be a reputable member here(no scammers).

IsraelSKA

I resolved my problem editing manually the index.template.php  file..
in addition, I got this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv()

Then I edit Sources/FB_Connect/FB_Connect_Subs.php

Replace

$replace = iconv("UTF-8","ISO-8859-9",$replace);

With

$replace = $replace;

Regards!

Malke

Thanks for a great mod!

I have a few questions:

Is it ok to replace the facebook connect button or does Facebook require that that specific button is used?
Is it possible to remove the options to sync private messages and stuff like that? I only want people to be able to login using Facebook.

I found a small bug: admin images seems to be pointing to default/images/admin/ but they are located in default/images/

Also, when I tested a signup there was no avatar displaying. I plan on syncing it with the mod that allows you to choose avatar at signup so it's not a problem for me.

Thanks again for a great mod.

KensonPlays

Quote from: kosaic on March 11, 2010, 02:46:42 PM
Is there a full demo of this running somewhere, in English ?

I get the concept, but having a hard time visualizing what the mod does in the end.

Thanks,
K

http://www.kcmartz.com, I use it as well!

SA™

@ IsraelSKA removing that will not convert forign charactors

@ leemy Post comment to my Facebook profile mean if chacked comment will also goto your profile
no you cant meg app with groups sry
permissions get stuck if facebook goes down i have no control over that
The first time i tried to update my status it told me database down.. not sure whose database.
that will be facebook againi  have no control over that
the other thing your pointed out i will sort in next relase

@ Malke you can chnage the image if you wanted
the avators thing is a bug again i will fix it soon

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

IsraelSKA

@Sleepy I know, but my host (digitalproserver.com) really suck.. I can't use PHP5 functions cuz is not installed and my provider don't want to install..
This mod is only for PHP5 ?

KensonPlays

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

IsraelSKA