SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

the error is basicly saying the user hasnt authrised the app but i dont get why not  cos as soon as you click connect with fb it authorise the user

some thing you could check is you server error logs and smf error log
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

shorepower

Quote from: jdcogmon on August 23, 2011, 11:17:28 PM
Can anyone here please help me?
When I try to register new people onto the forum I get the following code:

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: (#200) The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action thrown in

Am I to authorize this on the facebook app or of the SMF settings for Facebook?
As it stands new people cannot sign up rendering our forum useless.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you

It's key that the application type of the Facebook application is set as "Web", not Native/Desktop. I attached my settings that works as a reference (my language is Swedish but I think it will translate anyway) Hope this will help (I had to tweak the FB side slightly as it seems like FB is doing a lot of changes)

Also one side comment, and it could be a typo, you write When I try to register new people. It will not work that you register people in SMF for Facebook. The user have to use Facebook Login and accept the authorization request from Facebook.

Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια -- www.finewines.se

jdcogmon

One of your Settings was different than my own. Thank you! That did the trick...I hope. When I registered as someone else it worked! [applause]

shorepower

Quote from: jdcogmon on August 24, 2011, 06:15:00 AM
One of your Settings was different than my own. Thank you! That did the trick...I hope. When I registered as someone else it worked! [applause]
Great, glad I could help. I have now had this mod installed at my forum for a while and  some of the challenges I have had is on the Facebook side (besides language problems which has been 50% caused by me  :) )

Overall, its a great mod which I really like so thx again to SA for pulling it together.

dakotaroar

Okay, I'm excited for this to be work ing(marginally for our site because we have some weird stuff going on), but the registration process is definitely confusing.

If you ask people to pick a username and password in addition to logging in with Facebook, and then give them a link to click that says "Click here if you've already logged in," they're going to click that link and not bother with the username and password.

I would suggest that you make that username/password screen much more simple to follow, something like:
You're almost registered with Facebook!
You still need to create a username and password.
You will NOT have to remember these, because you can sign in with Facebook.

(If you've gone through this already, click here)

Thoughts?
The only forum for students in North and South Dakota!  Campus Dakota.

SA™

no you have to pick or register if not allready if already regisrtd but not synced with fb then you click the already registerd link

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

dakotaroar

Quote from: SA™ on August 26, 2011, 03:42:46 AM
no you have to pick or register if not allready if already regisrtd but not synced with fb then you click the already registerd link

My point is that, like your response, the registration process is confusing.
The only forum for students in North and South Dakota!  Campus Dakota.

~DS~

Quote from: dakotaroar on August 26, 2011, 08:18:04 AM

It's not, not at least to me to be honest. Some we can fix some wording on it, but we will see...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Adrek

How can i add different buttons for login and register page?
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

andyac

how can i change the width of the comment box? it looks really big on my mobile theme...   whats the code for it for the css

shorepower

Quote from: ~DS~ on August 26, 2011, 09:44:13 AM

It's not, not at least to me to be honest. Some we can fix some wording on it, but we will see...
I would agree that it's slightly confusing. As I translated SA Facebook to Swedish for my site I made some minor modifications of the text that at least for me made it a bit clearer

$txt['fb_reg44'] = 'Required information';
$txt['fb_regallready1'] ='Already registered? Click';
$txt['fb_regallready2'] ='here';
$txt['fb_regallready3'] ='to login';

To:
$txt['fb_reg44'] = 'Required information for a new user';
$txt['fb_regallready1'] ='If you already have a username at this forum? Click';

!RFAN

whenever i try to go to Admin> Modification Settings>> Miscellaneous
i am getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/####/public_html/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93

how to resolve it??

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kindred

You have installed twice... You will have to manually remove the duplicate code from that , and possibly other files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shorepower

Quote from: ph4ntom on August 26, 2011, 03:08:42 PM
How can i add different buttons for login and register page?
From REV34 you have the option to change the logon button (the image) at the main page of Facebook Settings (under the admin page). Works very well

SA™

Quote from: !RFAN on August 28, 2011, 02:07:13 AM
i am getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/####/public_html/facebookauth/facebook.php on line 93

how to resolve it??

do you have any other fb mods installed?
this mod dont touch Admin> Modification Settings>> Miscellaneous settings

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: shorepower on August 27, 2011, 05:49:34 AM
Quote from: ~DS~ on August 26, 2011, 09:44:13 AM

I would agree that it's slightly confusing. As I translated SA Facebook to Swedish for my site I made some minor modifications of the text that at least for me made it a bit clearer

$txt['fb_reg44'] = 'Required information';
$txt['fb_regallready1'] ='Already registered? Click';

To:
$txt['fb_reg44'] = 'Required information for a new user';
$txt['fb_regallready1'] ='If you already have a username at this forum? Click';

thanks shorepower i added this to the next version

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

awolexpat

Quote from: !RFAN on August 28, 2011, 02:07:13 AM
i am getting this error:

how to resolve it??

I am getting exactly the same error; I have checked and I don't have any other Facebook mods. When I uninstall SA Facebook Integration I can access Admin> Modification Settings>> Miscellaneous. When I reinstall it I get the Fatal Error. I had FB Connect mod installed before updating to SMF 2 and I can only think there is still some trace of that left in the files somewhere, but I have removed everything I can find - unfortunately though that Mod and the Parse for it has now been removed so i can't check if there is something lingering somewhere (I had it installed on the last version of SMF 1). If anyone has a list of the files that were installed and the alterations made by that mod I would be very grateful if they could share that information on here so I can see if that is the problem. Otherwise can the creators of this Mod please have a look and make suggestions - this is a great mod but not being able to access the Miscellaneous Mod settings is rather irritating!

SA™

do you have fbc and facebookauth directory in your forum root?

if so yr removing fbc one but make a back up before doing this tho

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: