News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: SA™ on December 07, 2011, 04:55:56 PM
@TheDel im not finding any issues with tp my end is there anything iin the error logs and server error logs?

@die2mrw007 the code change wouldent of caused this cos that file edited has nothing todo with them actions
the 503 service unavailable error is an HTTP status code that means the web sites server is simply not available right now Most of the time this is because the server is too busy or because there's maintenance being performed on it is this still happening?

@Ian Holl you have to configar the mode in the admin panel for the mod
Mate, when I uninstalled the SA Facebook mod, everything working fine..... Whenever I install SA Facebook mod, I have that issue....
And I strongly suppose, Its something due to conflicts with Enotify mod.... Please make SA Facebook completely compatible with Enotify mod !!!

dematrix2571

Is there a way to tease the amount of post to the Facebook page?  I want to set the tease to at least 2 paragraph.

qubbah

still got a blank page after install. hope anybody can help. tq

~DS~

Quote from: qubbah on December 11, 2011, 02:36:28 PM
You need to be more specific.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

qubbah

Quote from: ~DS~ on December 11, 2011, 02:45:50 PM
Quote from: qubbah on December 11, 2011, 02:36:28 PM
You need to be more specific.

After install this through package manager, its bring me to a white page. i cant go to other page because my forum is off. i have check all the file like in install.xml. now i can't reisntall this package because my forum is down.

but

when i rename FacebookHooks.php i have back my forum running and can reisntall this package.
hope anybody can help me to install this nice mod. tq

SA™

tq can you check your server error logs pls this isnt smf error logs these will be in cpanel
somtines there will be a file called error or somthing in public_html folder
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

qubbah

Quote from: SA™ on December 11, 2011, 03:55:14 PM
tq can you check your server error logs pls this isnt smf error logs these will be in cpanel

i have no cpanel. but can access my server through tightvnc. what file must i open to check that?

~DS~

Quote from: qubbah on December 12, 2011, 09:35:24 AM
Quote from: SA™ on December 11, 2011, 03:55:14 PM

i have no cpanel. but can access my server through tightvnc. what file must i open to check that?
You can't access the server error log via FTP. :P
Most host have cpanel, ask your host for access to server log. Unless I am wrong...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

SA™

QuoteYou can't access the server error log via FTP.

you can on my server i get a file called error_log in my public_html folder

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

~DS~

Quote from: SA™ on December 13, 2011, 04:38:59 AM
QuoteYou can't access the server error log via FTP.

you can on my server i get a file called error_log in my public_html folder
I don't have that file. :/

snadge

I have made an app and got it working to some extent:

some issues:

1st the login seems to be a wasted effort as users still have to create a username & give email and password...this renders the whole "login via facebook" thing a waste of time, the real purpose behind these features are that they allow users to log into a website without ANY sort of 'signing up' - users could simply allow the APP and be logged in, ive used this on many sites before exactly like that - it meant that users could log into many sites without the need to continually sign up to each one.

2nd the PUBLISHER section of config - whenever i 'save' it i just get a white screen and nothing is saved

other than that it seems like its a good plug in, but only feature im getting from it right now is like buttons at top of topics

jekwumoore

invite friends not working(stops at xd proxy), no invitation is sent
we rule the world

SA™

@snadge
1:
well after they have registerd initily it just one click login but most forum/blogs i know like wordpress and xenforrow do the registstration the same we have to rember forums/blogs are different to normal static sites and reqire more information so no it isnt a wast of time realy

2:
do you get any error in the error logs or in the server error logs? this has been happening a lot with the new version but no one has given me a real clue on why it happens specily cos i cant replicate these issue my end

@ jekwumoore
thanks ill fix this in next realse

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

snadge

I will have a look in logs, at moment im getting hundreds of errors per day from other mods so will be hard to sift through threm all

TheShowWillGoOn

I am wondering about member registration settings. I set my forum to only approve registered accounts via Admin Approval. Now with  FB Int., it immediately approves them without my approval?

I double checked my settings and it is still set to: Admin Approval and FB Int. is set to only allow FB registrations.

Is there anyway to fix this?

SA™

this was done with approvals in the 1.0 version of the mod but after discussion we decided to remove that in 2.0 version of the mod as we know people coming from facebook are not bots or spiders or spammers

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

TheShowWillGoOn

I see. I see. That's very true. For us, we're a small organization so we use it to make sure that we only allow our own people to join. But I get immediate notification of any registrations so we should be good.

jekwumoore

why this errors below?

http://nameofmysite/index.php?/topic,8.msg8.html#msg8?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

on file   /public_html/facebookauth/base_facebook.php

and

http://nameofsite/index.php?action=movetopic2;topic=9.0

on File: /public_html/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php

we rule the world

SA™

why not post the actual error instead of link that dont tell me much

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

kingkingston

I have noticed that the Facebook menu word doesn't show in the menu and that the "invite friends and what's on your mind buttons don't work

Advertisement: