SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

Quote from: elyparker on October 06, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
hi i try this mod it is a good work but i would know if is possible to use for single.in authentication

if users use facebook i would that they register another password on my forum, it is possible to make it ?
I'm not sure I undersdtand

user can login using their facebook info or normal forum username and password (the accounts are integrated)

SA™

Quotesingle.in authentication
?

Quoteif users use facebook i would that they register another password on my forum, it is possible to make it ?
i dont understand this
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Tiekie

ok here is my url:
hxxp:www.ux.co.za [nonactive]

Quote from: Spoogs on October 06, 2010, 10:40:06 AM
Quote from: Tiekie on October 06, 2010, 10:32:51 AM
Quote from: Spoogs on October 06, 2010, 09:16:56 AM
Quote from: Tiekie on October 06, 2010, 02:34:45 AM
Hi

I have a propblem finding where i should enter the facebook dev info.
What is the path to where i can find SA facebook to edit it?

What im doing is:
admin>packages>installed packages ---  it shows me a list of installed mods but how am i able to edit and set it?  All tab i see is UNISTALL MOD !!

Help please

Admin>>SA facebook Connect

Hi

its not in there. This is the categories i have to choose from

Administration Center
Support and Credits
News and Newsletters
Packages
Configuration
Core Features
Features and Options
Security and Moderation
Languages
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout
Modification Settings
Forum
Boards
Posts and Topics
Calendar
Search
Smileys and Message Icons
Attachments and Avatars
Members
Members
Membergroups
Permissions
Registration
Ban List
Search Engines
Maintenance
Forum Maintenance
Scheduled Tasks
Mail
Logs
In that case it doesnt seem the mod was installed... link to your site please

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

elyparker

Quote from: Sleepy Arcade on October 06, 2010, 11:37:27 AM

Quoteif users use facebook i would that they register another password on my forum, it is possible to make it ?
i dont understand this

sorry my bad english , i mean that if use the facebook login  not need another login on the smf
i like to use facebook login as OPENID with this mod

i hope to had explain cleary it

i want that users that want register on the forum with email ok, but if they use facebook login the registration is not required for login.

openid is not very common, facebook yes , and people not love register new login and new password

is it possible with this mode? or it will be possible?
bye

Spoogs

To register - user can use facebook but they will have to register on the forum at the same time

To login - user can use facebook or normal login (not both)

elyparker

Quote from: Spoogs on October 08, 2010, 08:39:05 PM
To register - user can use facebook but they will have to register on the forum at the same time

yes i saw, but is impossible to add a option for give the possible to use the login without registration at forum?

a single registration

Spoogs

Why would you want to do that?

If facebook has issues the users without a true forum account would not be able to login and facebook does have a lot of issues. Registration is quick and easy and just a 1 time thing.

soulgeek

very Nice Mode But am too disappointed...

While installing, its giving error.

Am on RC3 and using SMF Default- Core Theme.

Any clue how can i make it work?

lets Grow Together With Law of Attraction !

Join to Seek a Better Like at
Law of Attraction Forum

~DS~

Can you please tell, what error you are getting? What browser?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

elyparker

Quote from: Spoogs on October 09, 2010, 09:10:18 AM
Why would you want to do that?

If facebook has issues the users without a true forum account would not be able to login and facebook does have a lot of issues. Registration is quick and easy and just a 1 time thing.

because the users hate registration and they prefer to use a single registration

is the basic idea of openid option of smf

but facebook 200 milion of users potential, is de facto standard not openid

~DS~

This mod is a single registration integrated with SMF...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

soulgeek

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on October 09, 2010, 10:58:39 AM
Can you please tell, what error you are getting? What browser?

Find attatched the Error Screenshot.

Am using Firefox Browser, error remain same in IE as well.

Am on SMF 2 RC3 and Core Theme.

Law of Attraction Forum

SA™

that just means that another mod has alredy edited the part that the part that the mod is looking for you  can install it still then do a manual edit to them files

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

soulgeek

Quote from: Sleepy Arcade on October 09, 2010, 06:43:14 PM
that just means that another mod has alredy edited the part that the part that the mod is looking for you  can install it still then do a manual edit to them files

But then i  think will not be able to uninstall it ever.... Except the Manual way...

Right?

Law of Attraction Forum

SA™

yeah that is correct you can try uninstalling some other mods then install this then reinstall your other mods

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

space108th

Hi,

OK, so I'm new to forums and SMF and have installed my forums successfully and only did manual edits to the default theme.

I installed Facebook Connect and am trying to get the application going right on Facebook. However, I keep getting this error, "URL must point to a directory (i.e., end with a '/' or a dynamic page (i.e., have a '?' somewhere)." on my 'About' page and I am not sure which URL it is referring to.

I am also using SMF 1.1.11 and installed file 'SA_FBConnect_0.2_smf11x.zip', whenever i tried installing 'SA_FBConnect_1.0 hxxp:rc1-1.zip [nonactive]" I would run into an error.

I know I'm a newb, so any and all help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edit- I got the Facebook application going without an error, however FBConnect still does not show anywhere on my Forums. I have edited the permissions and shared all the boards. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any help would be great! Also is SMF 2.0 RC3 stable enough and is it worth upgrading to?

Spoogs

RC1-1 is nt yet 1.1.11 compatible

The url its referring to is your site url
If your site is http:// example.com you must enter it as
http://example.com/ or http://example.com/index.php?

checkmater

Hi, Im having a problem with this mod, well I installed the mod and created the facebook app, now Im trying to login via Facebook connect at my testing forum, first appear a window with a Facebook login, after this, Facebook ask for general information permissions, after this for Mail and other permissions, after I give the permissions the site redirects to the Facebook page instead of the forum and if I writes the forum testing URL then nothing happens, no login, after this I tried with the same Facebook account and try the Facebok connect button... but still refirecting to facebook instead of the forum... any solution?

SMF version: 1.1.11

Thanks and Greetings!
SMF, other software developing and some other stuff on my website, you can also hire someone at myFreelancing website . xD

DistantJ

Hi,

For some reason, the Facebook connect page says:

You are not connected with Facebook!
Connect Now

But there is no link, it's just type.

I am using a custom theme, yes.

Also, will this work with Ultimate Profile? Also wouldn't mind adding a LIKE button to Aeva Media... Shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Advertisement: