SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubbah

after login, i cant see facebook menu in menu list. everything is ok... but no facebook menu...

Neo_TE

Quote from: xPandax on June 26, 2013, 02:23:40 PM
When users try to register with using facebook, they get the following error

QuoteOAuthException: An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.

So to check that, I made a fresh install of  SMF 2.0.4 and this error occured in that fresh SMF 2.0.4 installation (with no mods) too.

Could someone please help. This is the only mod that I'm unable to get it working. And yes, I did create the app properly in facebook and updated the keys in the settings. I tried making new secret keys too and no use.  :'(

Could someone help me please. :(

MESWEB

Quote from: Drug Mile on June 21, 2013, 08:15:04 AM
All working great, except "publisher". It is not publishing to facebook page. It worked at first, but stoped quite soon after first publishings.

When any one change the code? First publisher is working then stop for century.

Neo_TE

Quote from: MESWEB on July 03, 2013, 04:21:33 PM
Quote from: Drug Mile on June 21, 2013, 08:15:04 AM
All working great, except "publisher". It is not publishing to facebook page. It worked at first, but stoped quite soon after first publishings.

When any one change the code? First publisher is working then stop for century.
Youtube changed their API this month.

MESWEB

Quote from: xPandax on July 05, 2013, 11:02:33 AM
I don't care about youtube API. This mod os for youtube or facebook? I want only publish my posts.

Neo_TE

Quote from: MESWEB on July 05, 2013, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: xPandax on July 05, 2013, 11:02:33 AM
I don't care about youtube API. This mod os for youtube or facebook? I want only publish my posts.

lol sorry.

I meant Facebook changed their API this month.  ::)

ukhalik2

Is there a way to still show the facebook connect on the user bar (the bar on the top where there is a link to going to unread posts or new replies) on registered users if they haven't connected through facebook??

Edit: Please also assist on how can we get facebook display pic as avatar when someone connects through facebook. I see this in features, but can't get it working.

Edit2: Read the last two pages of the thread, everything seem to be working fine except the above problem.

And also I tried searching my problem, but can't find the solution.

Please assist me on this,
Let me know,
Regards.

Neo_TE

Quote from: ukhalik2 on July 13, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
Is there a way to still show the facebook connect on the user bar (the bar on the top where there is a link to going to unread posts or new replies) on registered users if they haven't connected through facebook??

Edit: Please also assist on how can we get facebook display pic as avatar when someone connects through facebook. I see this in features, but can't get it working.

Edit2: Read the last two pages of the thread, everything seem to be working fine except the above problem.

And also I tried searching my problem, but can't find the solution.

Please assist me on this,
Let me know,
Regards.

Yes avatar is not getting synced for me too.

komp

glad i tested this on my test site first
as everything appears to be working fine until i go into the facebook configuration settings on the forum
i then get

403 Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

just about to restore the forum software for a 3rd time
to try and work out exactly what setting is causing this, i suspect the enabling of the plugin

Shirlene Clark

I have installed SA facebook integration on my forum and I created an app.  So the mod packages is up and running but I want to be able to do a couple of things and I am not sure how to do it;

1.  When I comment or like something on my forum and that goes to my timeline showing a login screen to the forum can I customise the image on the login screen  that appears on the FB timeline?

2.  Can I somehow set "moderation" for the comments that are made via FB on the forum ?

3.  Can I share to a Facebook Group rather than my timeline ?

Thank you for any assistance and I hope I asked in the right place.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

If a user register using SA Facebook Mod, he do not have to enter password or answer question which otherwise would be required under normal registration method. Can/will you fix this? Though it may not seems spammers are insterested to spam by registering using their facebook account, but it can happen.

Kindred

that rather defeats the purpose of a facebook associated login...

The facebook login is supposed to be a single click association, account creation and login - just like on every other site which uses "login with your facebook account" (none of them ask for additional stuff)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SA™

IMO i doubt your get any spammers from facebook
what kindred said kinda sticks
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

sandiplfcg

Is there  a way to integrate with Facebook group ? Thanks

imad.dz

whats the problem
i can't Register

No connection to facebook found

Kindred

interesting thing....

this is working PERFECTLY on one of my sites.
Associations to accounts are active, posts and replied from the main board are being duplicated to facebook....

on the other site,
it seems to be associated to accounts... but posts are not going to facebook.
Same settings. I set up both apps the same way as well.

wierd
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ryan_dwight

Same here i did manage to associate my account to facebook with the help of SA. But when i tried to reply it doesnt duplicate.

Uhura!

I have this mod installed & it is wonderful.

How do I remove the facebook link from my top menu. I don't see it in Subs.php... Thanks :)

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

SA™

it is in sources/facebook/facebookHooks.php
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Uhura!

Any tips about safely removing the code so that the facebook link doesn't appear in my menu header but the mod still works as-is?

I need details because I am not an advanced coder.

Thanks
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Advertisement: