News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sydbat

Because there are over 180 pages in this thread, and searching doesn't help find the issue, I am posting a possible repeat of a question.

The first post in this very long thread is outdated. Extremely outdated.

Facebook has completely changed how to create apps. Most of the tutorial steps in the original post no longer exist.

Can one of the mod developers please go to the developers area of Facebook and create a new app so that they can post an accurate updated tutorial? This will help those getting lost due to the changes for developing apps at Facebook immensely.

Thank you.
Don't mess with the dead boy. They have eerie powers.
    - Homer J Simpson

CAPI Forum [nofollow]

von COLLINZO

This mod rocks big time... ;-)

lepard

Seems to me that if Simple Machines does not get this integrated into their board they will continue to lose market share.. What do I know, I am a novice who used to have hundreds at once in his board before Facebook took over..
Rick Lepard

Careful of the simple police

Kreator

Quote from: sydbat on January 29, 2014, 11:21:12 AM
Because there are over 180 pages in this thread, and searching doesn't help find the issue, I am posting a possible repeat of a question.

Facebook has completely changed how to create apps. Most of the tutorial steps in the original post no longer exist.

Can one of the mod developers please go to the developers area of Facebook and create a new app so that they can post an accurate updated tutorial? This will help those getting lost due to the changes for developing apps at Facebook immensely.

Thank you.

Agree entirely, I have had this mod sitting on my machine for some time now perhaps a year or so, basically because the initial app runthrough  was out of date, and I see there has been no attempt to amend it.

GamePersia

Is This mod contains copyright footer note ??
if no,..then please update the method for how to make facebook app,..as facebook has changed his design !!

vbgamer45

It probably does not sure though.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sydbat

Quote from: Kreator on February 08, 2014, 02:33:19 AM
Quote from: sydbat on January 29, 2014, 11:21:12 AM

Thank you.

Agree entirely, I have had this mod sitting on my machine for some time now perhaps a year or so, basically because the initial app runthrough  was out of date, and I see there has been no attempt to amend it.

So I looked for other things that will do what this does, and found oneall [nofollow]. It does even more and is completely simple to set up. No issues at all. Sorry SA Integration, but you lost a 'customer'.
    - Homer J Simpson

CAPI Forum [nofollow]

HEMI

Quote from: nicotoine on January 04, 2014, 04:00:27 AM
Hello, I installed this mod SA_Facebook_Integration but when I try to connect I have this message No connection found to facebook
I created a facebook application (configuration see attachment), I put the id code on the mod.
http://pralognan-vanoise.com/forum [nofollow]
thank you for your help

Simple response but have you tried adding your app domain in your facebook app? yourwebsite.com [nofollow]
If you're using a pretty url mod or the like too, could that be blocking? Try index.php?action=forum

Kindred

well, you are entitled to your opinion... However, I would not let my site touch oneall with a 20 foot pole...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SA™

QuoteSo I looked for other things that will do what this does, and found oneall [nofollow]. It does even more and is completely simple to set up. No issues at all. Sorry SA Integration, but you lost a 'customer'.

lol no one has lost anything you should use whats right for you at the end of the day
this mod is not hard to setup the problem is people overcomplicate things so i just give up posting insturctions to do it i mean how hard is it t put a url in the fb app?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

SMFHacks.com Team

Updated some of the graphics/steps. But FB seems to make changes often so guide may become outdated.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

2greedy

why am i getting this error?

This must be derived from Canvas URL, Secure Canvas URL, Site URL, Mobile Site URL, Page Tab URL or Secure Page Tab URL. Check and correct the following domains: qcc4x4.com/smf/

sydbat

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on February 12, 2014, 12:04:44 PM
Updated some of the graphics/steps. But FB seems to make changes often so guide may become outdated.
Thank you for doing this. I know that FB changes things all the time, which is why there are so many complaints.

Quote from: SA™ on February 12, 2014, 05:21:36 AM
this mod is not hard to setup the problem is people overcomplicate things so i just give up posting insturctions to do it i mean how hard is it t put a url in the fb app?
If you look at the newly updated OP, you will notice that things have changed significantly enough that just figuring out HOW to create a FB app is completely different from how things were before the OP was updated. Dismissing people's concerns as overcomplicating things is counter-productive. Acknowledging that the process is different than the way it was originally presented, AND helping others figure things out would have been much better.
    - Homer J Simpson

CAPI Forum [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Quote from: 2greedy on February 12, 2014, 04:41:01 PM

This must be derived from Canvas URL, Secure Canvas URL, Site URL, Mobile Site URL, Page Tab URL or Secure Page Tab URL. Check and correct the following domains: qcc4x4.com/smf/
All domains in FB apps settings must match qcc4x4.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

2greedy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 12, 2014, 05:09:34 PM
Quote from: 2greedy on February 12, 2014, 04:41:01 PM

All domains in FB apps settings must match qcc4x4.com

it's ok vbgamer, got it sorted i just didn't read the facebook app instructions properly, thanks for your fast response ;)

Vivid Values

those who lose the mod setup is not a problem, it's only that the people who over-complicate their settings, I am posting for those who surrender> how was it for you to install the fb app?

David111567

Been reading over the posts and I notice that people are still talking about the eNotify/SA Facebook mod conflicts.  We found a solution to this issue about 2 years ago... it was posted on the FB mod site which has been down for ages. 

The solution still works...

To use eNotify and SA Facebook Integration together without the conflict during account association...DO THE FOLLOWING:

in "sources/Facebook/FacebookIntergrate.php"

find

if (empty($_SESSION['login_url'])){

And replace that line with:

if ((!empty($_SESSION['login_url']) && strpos($_SESSION['login_url'], 'enotify')) || empty($_SESSION['login_url'])){

I do it every time I load these two mods together.   It works just fine.

;D

GamePersia

May i hope for getting update in procedure for making facebook application to use this mod ??... :'(

SA™

Quote from: David111567 on February 14, 2014, 05:19:23 AM
Been reading over the posts and I notice that people are still talking about the eNotify/SA Facebook mod conflicts.  We found a solution to this issue about 2 years ago... it was posted on the FB mod site which has been down for ages. 

The solution still works...

To use eNotify and SA Facebook Integration together without the conflict during account association...DO THE FOLLOWING:

in "sources/Facebook/FacebookIntergrate.php"

find

if (empty($_SESSION['login_url'])){

And replace that line with:

if ((!empty($_SESSION['login_url']) && strpos($_SESSION['login_url'], 'enotify')) || empty($_SESSION['login_url'])){

I do it every time I load these two mods together.   It works just fine.

;D

yup this is actualy in the mod just commented out cos it didnt work with out enotify
Quote from: GamePersia on February 14, 2014, 06:53:33 AM
May i hope for getting update in procedure for making facebook application to use this mod ??... :'(
see first post
Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on February 12, 2014, 12:04:44 PM
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

David111567

SA - Yeah, I was noticing that the eNotify solution was not in the SMF threads... I could have sworn we posted it here, but it seems it was only posted on the old website which is long gone.  I could have sworn it was you who figured the problem out long ago, but I might be mistaken. At any rate, yes, it still works great.

GamePersia - The process is actually pretty easy... but if you want, I can toss up some screen shots and a set of new instructions when I get some time. I don't mind doing it... but I do have some "real life" stuff going on at the moment that I need to be a part of, so it won't happen tomorrow. Give me a week... send me a reminder in PM and I'll be happy to help out.

Advertisement: