News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Index.php missing!!

Started by Mikepdk, February 16, 2010, 11:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikepdk

I have installed SMF 3 weeks ago and have used many hours on it.
But yesterday i used Fantastico autoinstaller from my cpanel and installed a program called something like FAQ Site on the main directory of my website.
But smf was also installed in the main directory, so i cut not see my website i only saw the FAQ program. I tryed to visit other pages on my website (like /index.php, /forum etc.) but it still showed that faq program.
Then i searched in my file-manager (In main diretory) for files from the faq installation and the installed files.
I found 8-12 files and i deleted them (I did not touch the smf files).
But then now when i try visit website there is no site.
It says:
Index of /

* Games/
    * MGalleryItem.php
    * PortalStandalone.php
    * SSI.php
    * SSI.php~
    * Settings.php
    * Settings_bak.php
    * Smileys/
    * Sources/
    * Themes/
    * agreement.danish.txt
    * agreement.german.txt
    * agreement.portuguese_brazilian.txt
    * agreement.txt
    * arcade.php
    * arcade/
    * downloads/
    * footer.php
    * index.php~
    * license.txt
    * login.php
    * mgal_data/
    * news_readme.html
    * newscore.php
    * readme.html
    * ssi_examples.php
    * ssi_examples.shtml
    * style.css
    * subscriptions.php

But no website, only that text on my website.
And when i click on the links it just gives me errors.
But i remembered i deleted index.php from the main directory because there was some text with the FAQ program in.

Now i really need help to get the site up again.

I have not deleted any folders or other files from the smf. (Only index.php if it was from smf.)

hadesflames

Well of course. You can't have multiple scripts in one directory. What happened here is that fantastico replaced SMF's index.php with the index.php for the FAQ program. If I where you I would move all of SMF's files to its own directory (like "forum" or "smf") then upload the contents of a large upgrade package package for your version of SMF, excluding the root files with "upgrade" in the name, to the directory you put SMF on, and allow it to replace your files. Your index.php will be back, but you will need to re-install your mods. The reason I tell you to upload the large upgrade pack is because this way you will be sure that you have all of the SMF files back, and all your mods will be uninstalled (if some files where deleted your mods may have been broken)

Mikepdk

Reinstall mods? What that means?

All posts and members and everything shall be done again?

is there not a way i can get a new copy of index.php?

hadesflames

If you installed any mods then you will need to install them again. Your posts members topics boards etc will still be there.

Mikepdk

How i get it work now?

I need index.php where i get it?

hadesflames

Mikepdk

Quote from: hadesflames on February 16, 2010, 12:49:21 PM
Well of course. You can't have multiple scripts in one directory. What happened here is that fantastico replaced SMF's index.php with the index.php for the FAQ program. If I where you I would move all of SMF's files to its own directory (like "forum" or "smf") then upload the contents of a large upgrade package package for your version of SMF, excluding the root files with "upgrade" in the name, to the directory you put SMF on, and allow it to replace your files. Your index.php will be back, but you will need to re-install your mods. The reason I tell you to upload the large upgrade pack is because this way you will be sure that you have all of the SMF files back, and all your mods will be uninstalled (if some files where deleted your mods may have been broken)

Move all existing files to a new folder and upload the large upgrade. but upload to where? the new folder?
Is rootfiles the the 10-15 files not in a folder?.

hadesflames

Move only the SMF files from your main directory to the new folder, then upload the contents of the large upgrade to your newly created folder. Allow it to overwrite everything, and yes, the root files of the large upgrade package are the ones not within folders, so exclude any of those files that have "upgrade" in the name.

Mikepdk

Ok Thank You.

Now i think its solved  ::)

KensonPlays

Yay! Another problem bites the dust....!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Mikepdk

NOT SOLVED!!

Now i did what you said.

1. I uploaded all files but not the ones with upgrade in the name from the large upgrade.
2. I made a new directory called forum, and moved all existing files there + the large upgrade files.
3. I visited website and it redirected me to /forum in stead of the main directory.
4. But the site is not there. I only get a white screen. No text or anything, just a white screen.

I did anything wrong??

KensonPlays

Try a fresh install, but use same database, so you keep members, topics, posts, boards, etc... that should fix your problem, at least part of it. delete everything in the /forum directory and upload your version's files, all of them from an extracted full install and through the install process, even if it gives a error or two, continue on with using same database and skip admin account creation, and you will have to reinstall mods and themes, but it should then show the forum!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: