News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

httpBL

Started by Diego Andrés, February 17, 2010, 03:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 05:49:11 PM
Thank you both.

DarkAngel: When I access the admin area, all fields are blank as shown in my screenshot above.
Sugar: I had already installed and activated the honey pot via their site, PHP version.

If you used the package manager then there might be something not uploaded right

If manual then recheck your coding to ensure you put it all in there.
sounds like something is missing.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

HackAl

It's installed on the server as a zip file.  I'm not sure how to extract/check the coding. 

DarkAngel612

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 06:23:19 PM
It's installed on the server as a zip file.  I'm not sure how to extract/check the coding.

the zip should be in the packages folder.
admin/packages/ should show you the item in the list with the uninstall or install link to the right of it.

questions for you:

1. when you first posted you had coding --- did you remove that coding that you manually added to the files?

2. You then installed via package manager and still had issues...did you uninstall it totally prior to reinstalling it?

3. Did you ever fix the old files to their newer versions (upload and overwrite the ones on the server with new ones)?

4. I may have missed this but any other mods installed?

Have you thought of doing what I had to do once, after all mods were installed.......removed ALL files for SMF, then upload the SMF files fresh --- a few at a time cause some uploaders do not play nice with bunches at once...LOL THEN c heck files to make sure they are all current. Doing this will not make it necessary to run the installer for SMF, it just refreshes files and your forum is intact.

Install this mod first to see if it behaves.

drastic but sometimes needed.

OOPs I forgot.... when asking for assistance it is also very helpful to have  link to the forum. those with lots more experience can sometimes see what the rest of us do not.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

SD-X

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on February 15, 2015, 06:34:18 PM
Have you thought of doing what I had to do once, after all mods were installed.......removed ALL files for SMF, then upload the SMF files fresh --- a few at a time cause some uploaders do not play nice with bunches at once...LOL THEN c heck files to make sure they are all current. Doing this will not make it necessary to run the installer for SMF, it just refreshes files and your forum is intact.
If you go this route, make sure you uninstall all of your mods via the Package Manager first, else you'll get some buggy results later.

HackAl

Yes, I can see the install and install links via the package manager if that's what you are asking

1. Yes, I went back and removed that code.
2. Totally uninstalled via package manager. Re-downloaded and installed again via PM.
3. Not sure which files you refer to here. When I uninstalled via PM, they were no longer on the server.
4. FB socialization app

Sounds drastic but will consider if all else fails. Still waiting to hear from my host who is asking about IP and port used to connect to honey pot.  I don't know how to answer that.

www.hackensacknow.com

Again- thanks for taking the time.

HackAl

I just noticed this error log in my public_html under the honey pot file:

[15-Feb-2015 18:58:12 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Related?

DarkAngel612

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 06:47:43 PM
Yes, I can see the install and install links via the package manager if that's what you are asking

1. Yes, I went back and removed that code.
2. Totally uninstalled via package manager. Re-downloaded and installed again via PM.
3. Not sure which files you refer to here. When I uninstalled via PM, they were no longer on the server.
4. FB socialization app

Sounds drastic but will consider if all else fails. Still waiting to hear from my host who is asking about IP and port used to connect to honey pot.  I don't know how to answer that.

www.hackensacknow.com

Again- thanks for taking the time.

ok I think you said your files--some were not up to date for SMF...mebbe someone else I have been reading in here lots today...lol

Uninstalling all mods before deleting the files is something I know to do but usually forget to tell others. I tried to register but know nothing of NJ so could not answer the 2nd question...lol

Thought maybe if you could make me an admin temporary, then I could take a quick look backstage. I have had many mods that my forum will not play nice to install and sometimes they win but not too often.

SD-X

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 06:47:43 PM
Still waiting to hear from my host who is asking about IP and port used to connect to honey pot.
You may be able to find that information by asking here:
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/board/

DarkAngel612

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 07:04:02 PM

[15-Feb-2015 18:58:12 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Related?

It might all boil down to your host, whoever that is. they may not have given you the ability to create a php.ini file, some restrict this. but doing a quick search I find this in reply to a wordpress with the same error:

---------------------
This is a server configuration issue that has nothing to do with the plugin.
You need to update your php.ini configuration file to

--------------------

that said you would do well to either call them (if their suppport is there on weekends) or create a ticket with your issues. It might be something they have to take care of.

HackAl

HostDime

I think I found the port/IP info.  I sent to HostDime.  Let's see what they say.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

Mortissimov

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 07:04:02 PM

Related?

See if the module exists on the system:

ls -lah /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so
ls -lah /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so

If it doesn't, try to install it:

pecl install timezonedb

If that places a copy into /usr/lib for the path rather than /usr/local/lib, copy the timezonedb.so file into /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/ location.

Source: cPanelTristan

HackAl

Thanks Martin but that's a little beyond me.  Not sure where/what system I would check; where to find the install file or how to install it.

I'm on a shared/hosted server.

SD-X

Quote from: HackAl on February 15, 2015, 07:56:07 PM
Thanks Martin but that's a little beyond me.  Not sure where/what system I would check; where to find the install file or how to install it.

I'm on a shared/hosted server.
You likely won't have access to any of the settings or commands he stated then.

HackAl

HostDime updated my php.ini file.  Still no luck.

:-\

HackAl

Hostdime says:

Thank you for your response. Usually the php.ini contains information such as upload size, memory limits, execution times, error reporting and various other items. If you could provide us any information about settings you will need in the php.ini, we can look in to making the necessary changes. If you are not sure which changes need to be made, you may have to contact the other companies' support to see if they are aware of any settings that need to be set. As this is third party, we are not aware of what changes must be made.

DarkAngel612

do you have shared, virtual or dedicated server account with them. they are really good at helping out when possible.

I have them also.

HackAl

Shared.  I have no complaints about Hostdime's service. They updated in the php.ini file but I still haven't heard back from them about this:

My problem now is that I can't determine if it's me, the host, software, hardware or any combination of the above.

HackAl

Hostdime says:

Unfortunately, that error you are seeing is unrelated to the Honey Pot issues you are experiencing. The timezone function isn't installed by default in PHP any longer because PHP itself now handles time zones. You have a local php.ini that tried to load up that library, but as it no longer exists, it gave you and error.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to pinpoint the exact issues that you are experiencing other than it being a connection error. If you could, please provide us detailed steps to replicate the error on our end so that we can determine the errors you are experiencing and see if it is a coding issue, or simply a connection issue that we can assist with.

We will await your reply.

Can I delete that local php.ini file? Is that presenting some kind of a conflict?

HackAl

Problem solved. For some reason, I had an older Themes/default/Modifications.english.php.

Found similar problem here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=368499.msg3793070#new

Thanks to everyone for pitching in!

HackAl

I would still like to know how to fix the timezone db issue. Thanks.

Advertisement: