Advertisement:

Author Topic: Can't find where the news is supposed to be displayed..  (Read 660 times)

Offline sinatik45

• Semi-Newbie
Can't find where the news is supposed to be displayed..
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:20:40 PM »
www.explicitkills.co.uk

Ok Im in the admin section, I find News and Newsletters

I've put in 3 random posts and saved them, they display in the preview box and are saved correctly I think.. but I can't see them anywhere and don't know where they are.

I've read:
This section allows you to set the text for news items displayed on the Board Index page. Add any item you want (e.g., "Don't miss the conference this Tuesday"). Each news item is displayed randomly and should be placed in a separate box.

Offline YogiBear

• SMF Hero
Re: Can't find where the news is supposed to be displayed..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:51:05 PM »
Hi sinatik,

Make sure you have one or both news options ticked under Features & Options.
SMF v2.0.17  Mods : Ohara YouTube Embed v1.2.9,  Custom Tab v1.2 , Bakers' Dozen Pages v1.2 , SMFPacks Shoutbox v1.1,  Board Color & Icons v1.1 , Simple Image Upload , Snow & Garland v1.4
PHP  v.7.3.6

Offline greyknight17

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Super Hero
    • Kevin's Resource Center
Re: Can't find where the news is supposed to be displayed..
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
sinatik45, has this issue been resolved yet? If not, go to Admin > Configuration > Current Theme and make sure the following is checked:

Enable random news line in the forum header
Show news fader on board index

The first one will show the news right below your user welcome screen on top. The second one will be right below the navigation menus and has an option to fade (seconds which are adjustable right below if you look in that section).