Wibiya Integration Mod

Started by Matthew K., February 19, 2010, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam.

To manually install, go to the mod page and just below downloads, select 2.0 RC3 in the dropdown titled "Manual Install Instructions for SMF".

However, don't do that! Go the easier way. Use SMF 2.0's emulate system. At the bottom of the Package Manager in the Admin Panel, below the listings, press "advanced" and that will give you a way to emulate versions. Change it to "2.0 RC2" in that field, save it, and voila...

jani01

QuoteHowever, don't do that! Go the easier way. Use SMF 2.0's emulate system. At the bottom of the Package Manager in the Admin Panel, below the listings, press "advanced" and that will give you a way to emulate versions. Change it to "2.0 RC2" in that field, save it, and voila...

thanks a lot works for me.

SN

If i use version emulate, will that stop other mods from working?

Arantor

No, you just use version emulate to override the version check, then you put it back after - it's just for installation/uninstallation.

rd

This mod basically does only a template edit and thus it's safe from conflict with most other mods.

Arantor

It could even be done without a template edit in 2.0 RC3 ;) and without a template edit in any version with a little more ingenuity...

SN

Thanks Arantor. I never knew what that did exsactly.

When i try to install this it fails on Manage permissions file.

will it be ok to still install it through package manager, then just make the manual edits to manage permissions file myself?

Arantor

It should be OK to do so, the permissions code didn't change between 2.0 RC2 and 2.0 RC3 IIRC.

SN

well, i have looked at the Manual Install Instructions. its only a small edit, like 2 lines.

i thought to save me Manual Installing the whole mod, just install what the package manager doesn't fail on, then just do the edits myself on what it does

SN

ok, done that, everything is working fine. but get an error in my error log now when i view permission page in Admin CP

8: Undefined index: permissiongroup_wibiya
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/username/public_html/forums/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1649

here is that line, the bold is line 1649

Quoteforeach ($bothGroups as $group)
            if (!isset($context['permissions'][$permissionType]['columns'][$position][$group]))
               $context['permissions'][$permissionType]['columns'][$position][$group] = array(
                  'type' => $permissionType,
                  'id' => $group,
                  'name' => $loadType == 'simple' ? (isset($txt['permissiongroup_simple_' . $group]) ? $txt['permissiongroup_simple_' . $group] : '') : $txt['permissiongroup_' . $group],
                  'icon' => isset($txt['permissionicon_' . $group]) ? $txt['permissionicon_' . $group] : $txt['permissionicon'],
                  'help' => isset($txt['permissionhelp_' . $group]) ? $txt['permissionhelp_' . $group] : '',
                  'hidden' => false,
                  'permissions' => array()

Arantor

Did you add the language strings to your forum then Admin > Maintenance > Empty the file cache

SN

Quote from: Arantor on May 08, 2010, 10:29:21 AM
Did you add the language strings to your forum

im not quite sure....
are these the language strings?

// Labradoodle-360's Wibiya Integration Mod.
$txt['enable_wibiya'] = 'Enable Wibiya';
$txt['wibiya_unique_key'] = 'Wibiya Unique ID<div class="smalltext">if the src was 12345.js you enter 12345</div>';
$txt['wibiya_settings_desc'] = 'Edit Wibiya Integration Mod settings';
$txt['wibiya_settings_header'] = 'Wibiya Integration Mod Settings';
$txt['wibiya_settings_title'] = 'Wibiya Integration Mod';
$txt['wibiya_member_toggle'] = 'Hide Wibiya Bar';

Arantor

There should be more than that, perhaps that edit ManagePermissions.english.php?

SN

that was from my Modifications.english.php

this is what i have in my ManagePermissions.english.php
// Labradoodle-360's Wibiya Integration Mod.
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_wibiya_basic'] = 'Wibiya Integration Mod Permissions';
$txt['permissionname_view_wibiya'] = 'View Wibiya';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_wibiya'] = 'If View Wibiya is checked the membergroup will be able to View the Wibiya bar - If the settings are correct.';
$txt['permissionname_toggle_wibiya'] = 'Toggle Wibiya';
$txt['permissionhelp_toggle_wibiya'] = 'If Toggle Wibiya is checked the membergroup will be able to turn the Wibiya bar on or off via their profile.';

?>

comparing that to the Manual Install Instructions it seems to be correct
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse

Arantor

And are you using English on your forum?

SN

Yeah, just the standard install... i didn't install any other languages on there

Arantor

Did you select UTF-8 support?

Did you empty the file cache after installation as I already said?

SN

Nope, i didn't select UTF-8.

Yes, i cleared file cache as you said before

Arantor

Oh I see what it is, the author hasn't bothered to define the permissions group properly since he didn't bother to set it up for Classic mode.

Add this to ManagePermissions.english.php then clear the cache again.
$txt['permissiongroup_wibiya'] = 'Wibiya Integration Mod Permissions';

SN

Arantor what can i say...Arantor come to the rescue again lol

thanks alot mate.

Advertisement: