News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

vBulletin style Themes For SMF 2.0

Started by aw06, February 20, 2010, 10:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

I'm looking for SMF 2.0 themes that will mimic the vBulletin post pages, wherein posters info is on top of post and not to the Side ...
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Deaks

why not just use vbulletin ... but check modsite as what your wanting is made into a mod
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SN

aw06

Quote from: Runic on February 20, 2010, 10:27:00 AM
why not just use vbulletin ... but check modsite as what your wanting is made into a mod

Don't like vBulletin :P i have seen a few SMF 1.1.X theme that does what i want .. infact i use one on a 1.1.x site i have ... >> Click for Example <<

Quote from: SN on February 20, 2010, 10:28:39 AM
Quote from: Runic on February 20, 2010, 10:27:00 AM
why not just use vbulletin ...

maybe because vB isn't free ::)

Yeah, that too 8) but i have had vbulletin sites in the past and i just don't like it compared to SMF
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

aw06

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

aw06

Foreclosurepedia

Quote from: Runic on February 20, 2010, 10:50:13 AM
as I said there is a mod to do this

i use most of the vB mods and am well pleased.  if i am not mistaken, some of them kinda come 'factory equipped' in the RC2 edition.  Runic is correct, though, when he directs you towards the mods as they are the nuts and bolts which allow any basic theme to begin to take form w/o having to do a bunch of coding.  w/o them folks like myself wouldn't have a forum!

the look, so to speak, if ur talking backgrounds/colors, etc. are hacks on the theme (quite a few good tutorials on them w/in SMF).
Vincit Omnia Veritas

aw06

Quote from: ibrrorg on February 21, 2010, 09:11:55 AM
Quote from: Runic on February 20, 2010, 10:50:13 AM
as I said there is a mod to do this

i use most of the vB mods and am well pleased.  if i am not mistaken, some of them kinda come 'factory equipped' in the RC2 edition.  Runic is correct, though, when he directs you towards the mods as they are the nuts and bolts which allow any basic theme to begin to take form w/o having to do a bunch of coding.  w/o them folks like myself wouldn't have a forum!

the look, so to speak, if ur talking backgrounds/colors, etc. are hacks on the theme (quite a few good tutorials on them w/in SMF).

I Checked your forum, you don't seem to have the posters info on top :P that's a major part of vB 8)

Marcus Forsberg

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

aw06

Sleezy

Quote from: Joker™ on February 20, 2010, 11:59:28 AM
i think about this mod he was talking about

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1783

Not meaning to spam, but where is this theme. The link did not work. :(
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Deaks

it doesnt work as I have removed it from the mod site until I fix it to work with curve based themes
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ramtan

oh 1st when i see head topic . i think free vBulletin theme in smf2.0 .haha

Sleezy

Quote from: Runic on January 18, 2013, 01:20:22 PM
it doesnt work as I have removed it from the mod site until I fix it to work with curve based themes

Oh, okay. Thanks for response. :)
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Advertisement: