Uploading backup and nothing is happening

Started by JayinGR, February 22, 2010, 08:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayinGR

OK, I had some errors in the SQL database so I fixed those (I think).  So I did not mess up the site as it was operational I made a subdomain and installed 2.0 RCS and uploaded the SQL database into PHPmyadmin.

All of the tables seem to be the same 127 in the subdomain and 127 in the regular operational site, but nothing is happening.

What I mean is, once I uploaded it to the subdomain all the posts, structure and the like is not there.  IT is still the same one thread when you install SMF. 

An I doing something wrong?

smp420

Download repair settings http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools put it at the root of your forum, go to it with your browser for example www.yoursite.com/repair_settings.php and make sure all info there is correct especially the database info.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

gourav

Yes smp420 is absolutely right , Repair settings.php will correct any error just make sure all
fields are filled up accurately.

JayinGR

Thanks guys!!  I did the repair settings and I could still not get it to work.  IT was actually a very small change that needed to be made in the settings.php file.  I did not know repair settings would fix this...lol  But my webhost sharkspace fixed it for me and got it all to work!

Advertisement: