News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Help! Need help making a new Permission Profile

Started by Vaguenificent, February 20, 2013, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaguenificent

I just recently made my website available for premium members, and I need to add another one of these for premium

Is there anyway I can do this, cause I have a special assigned member group for premium members, but it can only inherit permissions so I can't make special permissions allowed for premium members HELP!

Vaguenificent

kat

Please be patient, mate. When you made your first post, I was asleep, coz I'm in a different part of the world, to you.

As a general rule, bumping a topic within twenty-four hours is a Bad ThingTM.

Have you read through this?

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Permissions#Edit_Profiles

Vaguenificent

Im still not really fully understanding how to make more of the general permission profile thingy's

kat

Well, it's all there, in black and white.

What part's confusing you?

Vaguenificent

I'ts talking about board permissions, but the thing is, I made a membergroup for the people in my forum paying for premium membersship, and the only option I know how to do is inherit permissions from regular member, problem is that there is suppost to be 2 seperate permissions profiles, one for the premium membergroup and one for the regular groups :/

do you understand what i'm explaining?

kat

No, not really. That's probably not your fault, though, because I've never used those profiles, myself. I just create a membergroup and go through that group's permissions, without messing around with profiles.

It'd probably be best to wait for someone else, who uses these things, to help you through it.

Sorry about that!

Advertisement: