• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 07, 2021, 04:04:04 AM

News:

Check out the SMF Function DB!


Adk Portal

Started by lucas-ruroken, March 06, 2010, 06:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

YAY! (I will wait until all my mods I use are compatible with RC3)

I have english setup as default language with spanish and japanese as selectable. It shows for top posters area "menssages" How I get it to say "posts"? (I use notepad normally, and it has all the line breaks, but today all the lines are one-after-another, no line breaks, and I cannot find what I need to edit)

KensonPlays

Could you please add a english language pack to your smfpersonal.net website? So I can read everything? Thanks!

rd

I don't think it has, I was planning a English site but decided it wasn't need it.

Use babblefish or Google translate.

KensonPlays

I hate translators, I only use them as a last resort... but for support on this portal, I will have to use the translator for every page!

rd

The support for this mod is here. You can ask for support here and if Lucas adds new blocks, he can put up a download link and explanation.

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: Kcmartz on March 08, 2010, 08:00:10 PM
YAY! (I will wait until all my mods I use are compatible with RC3)

I have english setup as default language with spanish and japanese as selectable. It shows for top posters area "menssages" How I get it to say "posts"? (I use notepad normally, and it has all the line breaks, but today all the lines are one-after-another, no line breaks, and I cannot find what I need to edit)

Modifications.english.php
Search

$txt['adk_posts'] = 'Menssages';


Replace with what you want.

Thanks for reporting the error

Quote from: Kcmartz on March 08, 2010, 08:07:49 PM
Could you please add a english language pack to your smfpersonal.net website? So I can read everything? Thanks!

Here:
http://www.smfpersonal.net/english-support/translate-to-english-adk-portal-v20-rc11-t324.0.html
http://www.smfpersonal.net/view/59-english-adk-portal-v20-rc11.html
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

KensonPlays

Ok. One thing I don't like is that there aren't pre-defined blocks like the other portals :( . Also, in block manager, it has a link to delete the block, but not edit!!

lucas-ruroken

because they are php blocks. You can edit the blocks created by yourself from the Admin panel.
if you want edit php blocks, open Sources/Subs-adkblocks.php, and edit all you want.

Any doubt we will here.

Greetings
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!


lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal is Now avaiable for Smf 1.1.x
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

paulmagno

Hi Lucas...I'm running a forum with 1.1.11 and I tried to add your portal, but I get this when trying to apply the mod:

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

It also says this further down: 2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

I used to run Tiny Portals, but ever since I upgraded to 1.1.11, no portal seems to work anymore...I get no response from the guys at Simple Portals or Tiny Portals, so I decided to go with your portal since you seem to actually care about giving support...Please keep in mind that I'm a complete noob when it comes to all things technical... :D

Thanks in advance!

lucas-ruroken

you can use the parse in the mod site.... you select your smf version, select your package and click in parse... you should be able to manually install.

you forgive me for my English :P

Greetings and if you have any question please ask me
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

paulmagno

Quote from: lucas-ruroken on April 12, 2010, 06:09:55 AM
you can use the parse in the mod site.... you select your smf version, select your package and click in parse... you should be able to manually install.

you forgive me for my English :P

Greetings and if you have any question please ask me

Thanks for your response...

I have no idea where to even begin...I have no tech knowledge...Could anyone recommend a good, basic tutorial on how to manually edit or parse?

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker


Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: paulmagno on April 12, 2010, 06:46:34 AM
Thanks for your response...

I have no idea where to even begin...I have no tech knowledge...Could anyone recommend a good, basic tutorial on how to manually edit or parse?

Install adk portal and attach the file ManagePermissions.php

Greetings
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

paulmagno

Dumb question and I've been spanked before for asking this, but where, exactly, do I find all that code to alter?

I've looked all over the admin area and there's no code like that...

Can someone please have the patience to point an old guy like me in the right direction...?

Believe me, I want to do this myself, but I have no idea where to even find the code that needs to be changed...

Norv

The file ManagePermissions.php is a file on your server, in your host account. You cannot access it from within SMF.
You can normally access your files by connecting to your FTP account, your host might have given you one: How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
Alternatively, many hosts offer a File Manager in their panel, you can use that one too, to connect to the server with your SMF files, and you will find there, in your SMF folder, a folder Sources, and in it, ManagePermissions.php.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker


Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

irtiza104

Looks good. maybe someday i will use this portal instead of the current one.

i love the full horizontal bar a lot.

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: irtiza104 on April 13, 2010, 09:15:57 AM
Looks good. maybe someday i will use this portal instead of the current one.

i love the full horizontal bar a lot.

Thanks man! ^^
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

Advertisement: