News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid help wanted

Started by beast44, May 02, 2010, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast44

SMF can not connect to the database.
I'm getting this all the time and my members are quitting like crazy. All these other post tells me to go get this and that and I don't know what they are talking about. I'm a dummy but I will pay for someone to come to my board and fix it right.
PLEASE

http://stumpburner.com/index.php

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

razor_edge

You posted in the wrong place. This really isn't the place for support questions. There are two support boards for 1.1x and 2.0 versions of SMF.

That being said, your forum now appears to be working! ;)

JBlaze

You might want to disable persistent connection (Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings -> Persistent Connection (uncheck))

Also, might want to check with your host to see their MySQL server status.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

beast44

Quote from: razor_edge on May 02, 2010, 04:06:54 PM
You posted in the wrong place. This really isn't the place for support questions. There are two support boards for 1.1x and 2.0 versions of SMF.

That being said, your forum now appears to be working! ;)

Works half the time and the other half it don't. If someone is willing to go look in I will make them a admit and they can fix what ever need fixing

I host with godady so if I need to change I will do it. I just want it set up where I don't have to keep trying to fix it when I don't know how

:D ;D

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

kat

Ahhhh... That tragic word... Godaddy.

Not the best host on the planet, I have to say.

Advertisement: