News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Your attachment couldn't be saved

Started by sepulchre, March 12, 2010, 07:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sepulchre

I've just started getting this message "Your attachment couldn't be saved" today, now I did just upgrade from RC1-2 to RC3 but maybe that's coincidental?

I've set my attachments directory to 777 but still no joy, any help on getting this fixed would be appreciated :)

Senkusha

Not sure if this would help, but ...

1.  Make sure the attachments directory is what it should be.

2.  Empty your cache within SMF (forum maintenance)
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

sepulchre

Thanks for the reply, the attachment directory is set correctly, I've emptied the cache as well but still no joy :(

Weirdly I can attached Zip, pds files etc just not jpg so the permissions settings must all be good, so maybe this is a proper bug in RC3???

sepulchre

Anyone??

There seems to be a few posts now regarding attachments and various problems, but if someone could help me with mine I'd appreciate it

Arantor

sepulchre

I've just run a couple of tests with very small jpg's 150x84px @ 4kb this was ok, but then a larger one 614x350px @ 140kb failed.

Must be a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Arantor

Do you have it set to make thumbnails when it's over a given size?

sepulchre

tried it with and without with the same effect (thumbnail size 400x400px). unless I'm doing this wrong? (its under attachment settings right?)

Thanks btw :)

Arantor

At 400x400, it's big enough to trigger trying to make a thumbnail. I would wonder if you have GD enabled, of which phpinfo can tell you - What is a phpinfo() file?

sepulchre

file uploaded and working, its here if you want to take a look :)

http://www.armyofghostsclan.co.uk/forum/phpinfo.php

Arantor

Your host doesn't have the GD library enabled, meaning that SMF cannot make thumbnails.

sepulchre

Ok thanks.  I will ask them to enable it :)

Thinking on this further, if I have thubnails disabled shouldn't the image just be displayed in what ever size it is and hence not suffer with this "your attachment cant be saved" error?

Advertisement: