News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Smilies updated

Started by silverdragon, August 05, 2003, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel D.

I don't have problems to see the pics and classify them, but it was faster with the old ones. It's hard to describe... :-[ The cheeks (?) are too dark if I compare them to the eyes/mouth etc. Orange (Dark yellow) and brown are a good team, but you can't use them in this tone for the smilies.

It's a problem with the colors - I don't know how to explain it, it deals with the ease of a visitor to classify them or to look at a (HTML) page. I think I don't have to write an essay about it, but you should build the forum in a way that you can read it as easy as possible. Damn, that's not easy to write (even if I would use german).

alienine

Daniel D.

Is there one day in the year where you not taking drugs ? :P

alienine

yes... unfortunatelly its in a leap year..

Tim

do you still refuse to recognise the existence of the 29th of febuary? ;D

Acf

Sigh...

RDGadz

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

cheeks are too dark
A telephone call? That's communication with the outside world! Doctor's discretion.

bananaman

:D Nice work RDGadz.

I too find the current ones too hard - the orange eyes/mouth are not high enough contrast with the face to make them recognisable at a glance. Old smilies you could tell the expression immediately, the were so clear.

I won't diss' the new similies, I like the style - but if I had the choice I'd use the higher contrast ones on the top line of RDGadz last post.

IMHO these are a good improvement.
Visit my website Wolfenstein Resource for Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory Hints and Tips!

mattsiegman

-- Matt Siegman

Advertisement: