Can I let people in when the forum's in maintenance mode?

Started by Jade Elizabeth, April 03, 2010, 01:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

I have 5 beta testers that I need to allow entry into the forum......but I'm not sure how with maintenance mode. They need regular members permissions. I'm not sure where "maintenance" mode permissions are "checked" so to speak either.

Can I alter something to let these 5 people into the forum even though they arent admins? Is there another way I can prevent everyone else but still let them in?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

SlammedDime

I'm moving this topic to the general support boards.  Please try and post your topics in the proper boards Jade.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jade Elizabeth

Quit moving my topics!!

I post them in the places I do for a REASON.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

smp420

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Jade Elizabeth

I'm on RC3 but I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what I can do...

smp420

It should work with RC3 as most RC2 mods do but I haven't tried it.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Arantor

There is apparently a bug with it but I don't maintain the mod any more.

smp420

A bug in a mod created by Arantor hmm I guess as they say there is a first time for everything.

Arantor

Quote from: smp420 on April 03, 2010, 03:20:13 PM
A bug in a mod created by Arantor hmm I guess as they say there is a first time for everything.

Pfft, take a look at SimpleDesk's bug tracker... current status 1 / 124 Bugs.. and guess who made most of those ;)

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Arantor on April 03, 2010, 02:52:27 PM
There is apparently a bug with it but I don't maintain the mod any more.

What's the symptom?

Arantor

The symptom is that global moderators can't always access the forum even when they have the permission.

Jade Elizabeth

Ahh that's cool. I don't have any of those, I make my own groups.

Thanks for the suggestion smp420! I installed it. I'm just waiting for them all to log in. I sent the message yesterday so I hope they can!

Jade Elizabeth

Well every one of them has emailed me saying they can't log in?

They all essentially say that they don't get redirected after login, and if they try to log in again they get an incorrect password alert....But they're all logged as having logged in...?

Show Permissions says they have the permission given to them by their primary group.

What's up with that? lol

Arantor

*shrug* It's a bug. I donated the mod to the Cust. Team, I am no longer involved with them so I'm not involved with debugging and fixing it.

Advertisement: