Problems with changes in "Account Related Settings" in Profile

Started by 0tt0, April 03, 2010, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0tt0

Hi,

I'm logged on using "user A", going to Profile and "Account Related Settings". Editing "Name" to something other than "user A" and then enter password (copied from KeyPass) into "Current Password" field.

This yields the below error message:

The following errors occurred when trying to save your profile:

* The password you entered was not correct.

To double-check that password I immediately log out (still having KeyPass open) and then enter "user A" and COPY password from KeyPass - just as I previously did when trying to edit the displayed name  - and now I am logged on with no problem; Hence: the password is correct and is correctly filled into the box.

So: why is the same password not accepted on the profile/account related settings page?

Is there something problematic with the profile/account related settings page that I'm not aware of?

The one thing I notice is that there's some "stared out" entry filled into one of the password fields that are to be used when changing password ("Choose password"-field), but I delete that before I enter in the other box and press the button.

I use 1.1.11.

The problems I commented on in this thread:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=373803.0;topicseen

was also pertaining to that same place in admin GUI.

TIA,

Paul_Pauline

Not to clear on what it is you're asking here !

If you as a admin are going to a members profile to change their password, when you have changed it and it asks for a password, it is your password it is asking for, not the members.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

0tt0

In this situation it was "user A" logged on (happened to be admin) to its own account and trying to change its own display name to something other than "user A". Just double checked again that user A was indeed logged on and that it was user A's password - still same error message after trying to edit display name.

As far as I can tell this feature doesn't work on my install and I fail to see how I can be doing something wrong here. Is there any way of doing this directly in the database through phpmyadmin or something?

Advertisement: