News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Says Mods are Installing when they're really not

Started by Cassiel, April 06, 2010, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiel

I tried install 3 mod onto my forum, but when I did so it gave me the notice that it installed successfully yet when I checked the mods via my host's File Manager the files that should have been edited were not.

Using 2.0 RC3.

And when I checked the error log with over 500 error (since I tried installing and uninstalling the mods to see if that helped) most of them were about permissions and streams and such.

All of my files are CHMODed to full 777.

Can someone please help? I'm kind of at a standstill since no mods can be installed...

rngrdanny22

Are you currently using a custom theme? If so, you will need to follow the manual installation instructions located on each mod's page.

smp420

First of all having all files CHMODed to 777 isn't a good idea. Do you have a temp folder in the packages directory also take a look here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393.0
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Cassiel

Sorry for the late reply.

No, i'm still working off of Curve.

And the reason I CHMODed the files to 777 is because I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a permission problem. I wanted it so the package manager had full access to the files to edit, but that didn't work either.

Also, i'm kind of curious as to why a thread that was made back in 2005 is still up.

Advertisement: